Saturday, December 13, 2008

What We Did Today

It has been a very busy weekend so far! We had dress rehearsal at church last night that went until 10:30. We sang until right up to that time almost. The good news: I think it all will pay off tomorrow night. The bad news: my voice is shot. I'm praying it'll come back before tomorrow night, since I'm singing in the first ensemble!!! I really want to sing that part, too, so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

We came home, went straight to bed, and hit the floor running this morning. Drew had 2 chorus performances today. One was at ten at the nursing home in Collierville, and the other was at eleven on the Town Square. It was sooooooooooooo cold and windy. Well, not that cold, but the wind was ferocious. So much so, that my dad "borrowed" Jonah's santa hat. I'm hoping he returns it tomorrow, since it's Jonah's favorite! After they sang a shortened version of what they sang at the nursing home, we went on a carriage ride around the square. It was so much fun! The boys loved it, and I always can go for some time to snuggle up with all my favorite boys! Yummy!!!

I left them, and went off on my own. I met Mom and we did some shopping!!! I feel so much better now that I've actually started. I'm so excited about Christmas this year...it's a little different. The boys probably won't get quite as much from anyone, including us, but we've had some really great quality time with them. I don't want Christmas to be about 'stuff', and seeing who got what at who's house, and racing to the next house to rip into to even more packages. Everyone has less money this year, but I would not have it any other way.

For one thing, it makes us take a step back and evaluate what we've done in years past. And I love buying for these boys, so it's hard not to do so. But when I think back to that Holy night when the baby Jesus was born, as the Little Drummer Boy states...'I'll play my best for you'...that is what we're encouraged to do. We are to give Him our best. And our best is not all caught up in sparkly new gifts. They're nice, don't get me wrong and I love getting them and giving them, but Jesus wants our best....our heart and for us to live for Him. The other thing I love is that we're creating memories with the boys. December is all about togetherness for us. It's about us doing the best we can to milk everything we can possibly get out of this one month of magic. I love the traditions we've started with the boys, and I think that when they have families of their own someday, they'll remember this time with a thankful heart.

Now, all this being said...I did some shopping today, you know what I'm sayin'? I am very excited about what I've gotten so far...I think it'll be really special for them all. I also helped the grandmothers shop. I have such a hard time describing things that it's just easier to shop with them. Although with Mimi, we just talked on the phone.

So while I shopped, Todd took the boys to pick me out something for my birthday. They had lunch, then he took Graham to a birthday party. Tonight we went to this church that puts on a spectacular Christmas event called Alpine Village. It was so amazing. There are all these buildings everywhere with things to do inside of them. Some of them were The Candy Shoppe, The Book Shoppe, The Toy Shoppe, things like that. They watched a puppet show, saw Santa, and got to see a live nativity at the very end. We just got home a little while ago, and all is quiet. Speaking of that quiet, I think I'm going to go to bed now. I really need to finish my Christmas book before Christmas comes, and I have an even longer day tomorrow. Good night....love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...