Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happenings At Our House

So it's been kind of a whirlwind week. I thought I would have had more time to do whatever since I'm part timing it now, but my time has been very busy! Monday was a normal day...well, at least during the school day, but then Graham started complaining of a headache and sore throat. I took his temp. and it was 102. Yuck. We were also having a birthday party for Bill that night. Sadly, I don't think it was much of a party for him. Poor Big Daddy.

I took Graham to the doctor on Tuesday, and he had strep throat. I was kind of glad b/c at least there's medicine to treat that. We went to Target to get the scrip filled and shopped around for a few minutes while we waited. I was going to take him to Chik Fil A for a milk shake, but he told me he didn't want one. He just wanted to go home. You know he doesn't feel good if he turns down a milk shake.

Since he was sick, he was unable to be in the spelling bee. He was so upset about that b/c he was really looking forward to it. I started to leave to take Drew there, and I rammed into Phyllis' car. It was dark and raining, and with the garage light on, I couldn't see ANYTHING. She had parked behind me so they could get inside quickly, and needless to say, I forgot she was there. Phyllis had worked in the health room at the school that day and I asked her to go ahead and get the boys since she was there. Plus it was thundering and lightning and they won't dismiss the kids as long as it's storming like that. I knew it would be a long wait to get them, so she went ahead and brought them home. It turns out, it wasn't as bad as it looked. She'll have to get a new grill and some paint got knocked off. She was actually on her way out to move the car right as I hit it. I cried. Seriously. I have a near perfect driving record, and I did this this week, and last Monday as I pulled into a parking slot at the school, I bumped into the principal's car. It left a scuff on it that her husband buffed out, so now you can't even tell I ever touched it. But come on, twice in eight days?

Mrs. Claney (the principal) was really cool about her car. I was white as a ghost and when I stepped back into her office to tell her what I'd done, she knew something was wrong. I started telling her and she said, "Jen, that car is old, I've had it forever and I'm going to keep it forever. And when I retire, I'm going to give it away, and buy a two seater convertible. So it's not a big deal, I promise." She could have been really upset, but she was so nice. Todd told me I must be trying to get fired. Not really, but my judgement of how much room I had was off. Mr. Ronnie, our plant manager, threated to buy me a smaller vehicle so I wouldn't keep hitting cars.

Thankfully, the rest of this week has been rather uneventful. I missed work on Tuesday, went yesterday, and am missing again today. Mrs. Claney is taking the office staff out to lunch today from 11~2, which are the exact hours that I work. Since I was office staff for four or five weeks, she invited me as well. We're going to a yummy restaurant, The Silver Caboose, that's on the square and I'm really excited! I haven't been there in a long time!

Well, I need to get off this thing and start my day. I have lots of laundry waiting on me to fold. Joy. Love to all and HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Since you mentioned that Mrs Claney was cool about her car, I thought I would let everyone know that I was ok too. I really didn't get mad at you at all. I didn't cry and am sorry that you did. It really is ok! Have fun today. See ya at rehearsal.
Bunches of love.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you! Love you!

Rene' said...

I have a go-kart in my back yard...do you need it? just kidding! bless your heart - you have had one heck of a week! Love ya bunches!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Hahahahahahaha! Yes, I may!!!!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...