Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Night

I love this time of year. In a time where Thanksgiving is brushed aside, I have sooooo much to be thankful for. I went to a mom's Bible study the other night, and the lady that spoke said that Thanksgiving has become almost nonexistent. And I have to agree. You go from Halloween straight into Christmas. And while I am "one of those" who puts my decor up before Thanksgiving, trust me when I say that we definitely still teach this holiday in our home! And I put my decorations up because I love it so much. I try to really maximize the time I have to enjoy it! And enjoy it we do....

I am so thankful for so many things this year. I always am, but you know how you can witness something that just really nails it home? I have had that happen several times this week. I am just so overwhelmingly grateful to God for His love. I am not a fragile person. Give me a hard time, and I endure it head on...but with only with God's help. I cannot do this on my own~I depend fully on Him. I know a family at Collierville Elementary whose world has been turned upside down~my friend's ex~husband committed suicide last week. And they have a daughter in kindergarten. This man was emotionally and mentally unstable. I cannot imagine what this lady is going through. She has a very long and rough road ahead of her, please pray for her...her name is Stephanie, and her daughter is Hannah.

I am so thankful for my husband. In a world where jobs are questionable, Todd has steady work. Slow at times, but steady for the most part. We have never had to go without, and for that I am so thankful. We don't spend money on frivolous things~we've never been able to just go and buy things that our kids say they want. We've had to teach them about money and how to earn some and how to save it once they start earning it. And they have done odd jobs for us at home, and done just that. Currently they have a leaf~raking business, but so far no one has paid them for their labor. =( But I am so proud of these boys...they have learned the value of a dollar, and they've learned how to save for something. And at times, we'll meet them at the halfway point. They're sweet and very appreciative of everything they have, and I would not trade that for anything in the world. They know we are rich in the ways that money could never provide.

I am so thankful for the family that we have~I mean parents, times THREE!!!, and our siblings. I am extremely close to my sisters~we could go for months without talking, but we know that we love each other and that we are there for one another. My greatest goal in life is to raise my boys so they will stay close as adults. I am very close to my sisters, and I want that for my boys. I always tell them the best friends they will ever have in life are sitting right around them. I want them to love each other, but to also care for each other. I'm teaching them compassion and kindness. I do NOT want them growing up not being a part of each other's lives. I pray that God brings them wives that desire that same familial closeness. This is something so important to Todd and to me. We've both been let down a lot, but we desire these things for the boys. I always pray that God will grant me these desires of my heart, should He tarry.

I am so thankful for our friends and our church family. I cannot imagine my life without these people. There is something to be said for being a part of a unified group of believers. And our friends! God has blessed us so much with Godly friends. The more we are there with our small group, the more we get to know each and every family. And it's so much fun swapping kids every Sunday!! Here lately we've either had extra kids come home with us, or we've been missing a couple when we came home. God has blessed our boys with friends, as well, and they get invited out all the time. I love that. It was that way for me when I was a little girl, and I have always prayed that for my children.

I hope I haven't bored you to tears, I just love Jesus so much. He really loves us and cares for us, and He loves giving us the desires of our hearts. It may not always seem that way when we go through rought spots, but He does love us. I have so much to be thankful for....all these things I've listed and our health. That has been another thing I've encountered this week; so many students have diabetes at the boys' school. It breaks my heart these little babies having to go through something as traumatic as that. And a couple of these kids have it extremely bad. It's really humbling to have to witness that.

I am still loving my job...as hectic as working full time is, I LOVE it. I would not have it any other way. And if I get a chance to show Jesus everyday, then that's just an added bonus. Right?!?! What do you have that you're thankful for??? I challenge you to stop and think about it this week. Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the beautiful lady who writes this blog. She is an incredible person who cares for so many. She takes care of our house and our perfect(ok so I am lying a bit)children. Jen I Love You very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...