Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanks & Giving

In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I would write all week about what I am thankful for. The boys and I talked about this subject as I drove them to school this morning. Graham and Drew said they were thankful for God and His love, Jonah said he was thankful for the grass, and Noah said he was thankful for the people who didn't have food. I think he meant that he was thankful that WE had food and that we should pray for the ones who don't. At least I hope he meant that. This is what we're talking about all week, and I encouraged them all to think of things all week and to express gratitude about all that we're blessed with~starting with their teachers. I am doing the same for myself. Here is my first list of the week.

I am thankful for:

The rain that I woke up to
My husband for all that he does~he is the hardest working man I know
The fact that I see 'new mercies every morning' (Great Is Thy Faithfulness, Lamentations 3)
My huge extended family...after all, they are the ones that inspired my life motto, "the more, the merrier"
Sick days at home with the *twinkies*
The time I get to spend with them on that day~their sweet little voices as they play and watch their favorite shows

Lamentations 3:22~24 The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...