Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

We are all "tricked" out, and the kids have been "treated" very well!!!  I got home from work today and started on the AMAZING chicken tortilla soup.  It was sooooo yummy!!!  Even better than McAllister's!!!  I will share the recipe with all who want it.  I'll post it on the blog in the next day or so and you can "copy", then "paste" it to another file from there.  

The whole fam came over, and we did not have near the crowd tonight that we usually do.  I think there were about 15 of us here???  We were actually missing quite a few.  We ate and talked and laughed and ate some more.  Good times.

We walked down three streets so the boys could get lots and lots of goodies!  And they did!!  We ran into several friends of theirs, the older two, then a little girl from Jonah's class, so they all got to trick or treat with friends.  That was fun.  I told you what they were last night...it was really cute.  Instead of wrapping Graham's head, I just put red paint on a gauze pad and taped it with medical tape to his forehead.  He told people he'd been shot in the head.  =)

Todd, Mimi, Big Daddy (aka "BoBo") and myself took them around the neighborhood.  I walked off all the soup that I consumed at dinner.  Might as well...I ate my heart out.  It was really good.  The best neighbors ever stopped by, Trav and Katie Katie, and they went to the haunted house with Todd, Big Daddy, Drew, Graham, and Jonah.  Drew won the bravest child award.  Graham and Jonah cried.  I'm not sure why...nothing really happened, Graham said, it was just pretty scary.  Drew got chased by the man that was holding the leaf blower, he chased Drew around in circles several times, and other than scaring him, he did fine.  It really is creepy.  I don't blame Graham and Jonah for crying.  Even if they did know that it was all fake.  Noah didn't want to go.  He opted to stay home, and I opted to stay with him.  My feet hurt.  

Well we had a blast tonight.  I am exhausted and will probably go to bed in a few minutes.  I have choir practice in the morning and want to get a decent amount of sleep.  I am tired.  Happy Halloween!!!!!  

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...