Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Funny Story


The kids have all gotten into the habit of "who can scare Mommy the most", and there was another episode this morning. We have all these little toy snakes and spiders (snakes, not bad...spiders EWWWW). So, the other night, as I was making down my bed, I pulled back the covers and there on my pillow was this HUGE black spider. I swear I almost screamed. Phyllis, I'm getting paid back from scaring you last year, remember??? I took the spider and THREW it down the stairs as hard as I could. Of course Todd heard it land, and got up to see what it was. When he got close enough to see the legs, he just DIED laughing.

I've come to know what to expect, but last night they got me again. This time with a lizard in the pile of clean sheets I was putting on my bed. A lizard I was NOT expecting. Graham got me once again this morning, with the same lizard, but where, you ask? In the coffee cup cabinet. It's a wonder anyone stayed asleep after that. Who knows where it'll strike again? Until then...BEWARE if you come into my house.

Between that and Drew lurking behind every corner, it's fun times as always in the Goodwin house.

7 comments:

  1. I love my grandsons!!! It serves you right. Now maybe you'll be nicer to me.
    I love you.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely hilarious when they get her. The boys love getting one up on momma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, whatever did I do to deserve ya'lls love???

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you had to do is be your sweet self. We will always love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness- that is too funny! I will thank God tonight that I have a girl who says, "gross" when she sees bugs (yes, I taught her that). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious! I'm curious as what you did to Phyllis last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were going through Halloween candy, putting some into goody bags for one of the boy's classes, and I found a spider ring. W/o her seeing, I threw it on her and screamed,"Phyllis! There's a spider on you!!!" I have NEVER seen her move so fast....I just about wet myself I was laughing so hard. It was great. Yeah, they get it from me. I know, I'm asking for it....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...