Monday, September 8, 2008

My Little Friend

We got a phone call at 2: 45 this morning from a friend of ours, Stephen, telling me that his wife's water had broken and they were needing to bring Hayden over.  After my brain registered that I was not having a dream, I jumped up and came downstairs.  This was after I'd changed out of a nightshirt into a pair of pj's.  I cannot believe I even thought of that at this hour of the morning.  

Heather had called and asked me about a week before if she could put me as her person to bring her little boy to should her water break in the middle of the night.  Her family lives in Michigan, Stephen's family in Florida.  She does have a brother here, but he lives across town, and I'm only 2 minutes away.  Plus, he had a stomach bug this morning.  So I said, of course...Hayden loves my boys, and he's used to me, since I used to keep him on Thursdays.  I kept him while Heather taught Graham violin.  

So at 3am this morning, I received a bright eyed little boy.  Poor Heather cried when she dropped him off...that 2nd time around is so different than the first, especially because it involves leaving child #1 with someone.  I sat and held Hayden for a while, then put him down in his pack and play that Stephen set up for me.  He stayed there for a few minutes, but started whimpering.  So, I put him in bed with me and Todd.  He fell asleep almost immediately.  I however, did not.  I ended up being up around 3 hours in the middle of the night, which is why I now feel like a walking zombie.  =)  

I had a meeting at the boys school at 10 this morning, and I had to go because it's about the fundraiser that starts this week, then I had to go to Jonah's class for a craft that'd I'd volunteered to help with.  I am so tired, though, that I didn't even do any of the work...I let my poor friend, Sharon do it all.  I assisted, though, she just did the hard part.  She painted the bottoms of their feet, then they made foot prints on a piece of paper that said, "I can run/walk/jump/dance."  They got to pick what word they wanted to use.  I should have changed, because I got red paint on my favorite khaki capri's.  Oh well, that's what I get for not thinking ahead, although hopefully it will come out.  I think it may have been washable paint.  

Heather had her baby, a beautiful baby boy named Wyatt Marshall Short.  He made his entrance into this world at 8:50 this morning, weighing in at 9lbs, 6oz!  He's a big boy!  Hayden has not met him, I am going to let his grandparents be the one that introduces him to his new baby brother when they get here tomorrow.  Hayden will be spending another night with us tonight, then he'll go to preschool tomorrow.  His grands from Michigan will be here to pick him up after school.  It's been nice having a little one around today...as I write this, he is falling asleep on my couch, watching Diego.  I think I was meant to have lots and lots of kids.  I LOVE having him with me...I just love being with kids in general.  If you don't mind, pray for Heather...she had kind of a rough delivery and has a long recovery ahead of her.  I thought I could ask you all to pray for her.   Thanks ahead of time!  I am going to try and shut my eyes for thirty minutes before I have to go pick up the kiddos from school.  I have absolutely NO IDEA what we'll be eating for dinner tonight...I am so tired, it'd be a fire hazard if I tried cooking anything.  Maybe we'll have sandwiches.  Again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...