Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Awesome Weekend

I had to write this...I am so honored to have been able in the past to be a part of Beth Moore Bible studies. All of you know how much I love her, and God has truly blessed this woman with the gift of teaching. She is simply amazing...funny, pretty, crazy, and completely enthralling. She gets your attention from the very first word and hours later, still manages to keep you on the edge of your seat.

One thing I love more than her ability to write and teach is God's word. I love to read it, sing it, pray it, study it, and discuss it with other women of God. I absolutely love it. I have also been fortunate enough to attend one of her events; the first one being last year's Deeper Still in Nashville. This weekend was our 2nd annual Beth Moore conference, and I can honestly say, it's becoming a tradition. Last year while in Nashville, I roomed with an awesome gal, Christa. We were friends before, but truly bonded on that trip. It's hard not to bond to the person you worship with. This year I attended a conference at my church home, via simulcast, along with 70+ thousand women across the country!!! World, really, since Canada, Mexico and Guatemala were participating, as well. You cannot tell me that we did not honor God this weekend. I am positive that His face was shining towards us as we sang His praise, and studied His word.

The other fun part about the weekend, was that Christa and I had a sleepover!!! I know we're in town, but Todd took the boys to Uncle Bob's farm last night, and I had no reason to come home. She's house sitting for some people in our church, and I totally invited myself to stay with her last night. After the conference was over, we went to Starbucks for frappucino's and headed back to the house with a couple other gals, Amy and Heather. We had so much fun!!!!!! We laughed and talked until close to midnight, and when they left, Christa and I pigged out. We ate and talked some more, and finally around 1 or so headed to bed. Where we talked some more. I fell asleep sometime around 3, then woke up at 6 to be dressed and back at church by 7. It's a wonder I'm even awake right now! I did fall asleep at my mom's house tonight, though, so I had a little catnap!

I received a word from God this weekend! I am now a woman of substance, and I am competently competent in God's word! She gave this great illustration on how we should place our hands over our hearts and claim God's word for us. No one, not even the enemy himself, can take that away from us. And he tries, and I know that I myself have let him get away with that in the past. His word is my treasure, and it's the one thing that I can count on for wisdom and guidance in this short time I have on earth. I want His word so deeply embedded in me, that I can perfectly recall certain scripture for certain times. I don't want to just read His word, I want to soak it in, revel in it, study it deeper. God has placed within me a yearning for something...and that something is just to go deeper with Him. I am ready for the next level, whatever that is. I got confirmation for that in a couple different ways today, but I'm not sure what that means. I do know that I CANNOT WAIT until our next Bible study starts!!! I'm contemplating starting one since the lady that used to lead it is no longer here. Not sure about that, though, so you can pray for me if you would like. I don't want to step out of God's will. I want His timing and His guidance. So,we'll see how that goes. Until then, I am lovin me some JESUS, and I praise His name!! All glory and honor be to Him, who is worthy of my highest praise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...