Monday, August 4, 2008

Countdown to School

Tomorrow is registration. After that, there are only six precious days left of summer. I am excited about the rest of their time, though. Tomorrow and Thursday, we're having friends over and swimming. Wednesday is a normal day...we'll be at our church in the morning, and again that night. And Friday, we're going to the awesome water park in Paragould, Arkansas!!! We are the MOST excited about that!!!

I have talked to the little ones about registration, and how a teacher will take them into a room for 5-10 minutes and ask them a bunch of questions. I have told them that they had better not cry! I know I'm expecting a lot when I say this, but I have to have hope, right?? Seriously, though, I don't expect tears tomorrow. I'm more concerned about their answers. For those of you who don't know this story, here's an old one. When Graham was being tested, the teacher asked him, "Where is your heel?" And he said, "I don't know, but if you'll let me use your cell phone, I can call my dad and ask." Those teacher NEVER looked at Graham the same. That was the day he won them over. Apparently that story got around to every teacher, assistant and staff person in the entire school. Which is quite impressive.

Before you ask, yes I did tell Jonah and Noah where their heels were...and no, they did not know. Neither did Drew. Drew won them over too, just not in an obvious way. He won them with his happiness. That child is always smiling when he's at school...he NEVER gets in a bad mood there. It's amazing, actually! That's why I don't mind getting calls from the health room about him. If he's sick, he just wants me to bring him some medicine, and he usually wants to go back to class. There was one time when I actually had to check him out last year. Not bad in 36 (? Is that right??) weeks of school. Now, if I get a phone call from Graham, he always has to talk to me, and it takes him a good 5 minutes just to calm down. Yes, we're working on the drama. Even as I write this.

Bless my husband's heart, y'all just don't know how good this man is. He is the treasurer of the P.T.A. As if it's not bad enough that he's the only man on the board (which the principals and teachers LOVE by the way), he has to sit in meetings for hours on end every month. And talk about BLING for cryin' out loud. Not kidding...just tonight, they were talking about what kind of t-shirts they were getting for the P.T.A. board, and when they turned to ask his opinion, he held up a regular Little Dragon t-shirt...the same ones I'll be buying for the boys. One lady, who shall remain nameless for those of you reading in this school district, actually said that she loved her bling from last year. I just laughed. This same lady wears high heels while working as a crossing guard. You gotta love her, though, she's hysterical. After tonight's meeting, he told me that those women get way off track. Imagine that...us getting chatty and getting off our original trail of thought!

Tomorrow when I take the boys up to register, Todd will be there. He actually has to be there all day. Every check that comes through must have 2 signatures, thus the reason for him being there. It would take HOURS to sign them all if wasn't there tomorrow. Plus, the more he's around, the more likely the principal will be to honor my request of Jonah's and Noah's teachers. Not really, but seeing his face is an excellent reminder!

Alright, well I'm going to bed soon. I had the kids in bed at nine tonight, to start adjusting back to their normal routines. And if I'm going to get up early in the morning, I must go to sleep soon. Otherwise, you can forget it. Too bad Todd's not working tomorrow, I would have actually been awake to fix him lunch for the FIRST TIME ALL SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...