Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Psalm 30

Psalm 30:1 I will exalt you, o LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. 3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave, you spared me from going down into the pit. 4 Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. 5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. 6 When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." 7 O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed. 8 To you, O LORD, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy; 9 "What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness: 10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help." 11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Notice the boldness and italics in part of this scripture...I praise God that my brother in law is alive and well and able to still live. Jim was in a very bad motorcycle accident on Saturday afternoon, and by all means should not be alive. But God has a purpose for him, and spared his life. He took a turn a little too fast, apparently, and went into the grass. Then he jerked the bike back onto the road, and the bike just started flipping. Once he stopped rolling, he could not breathe. There was a man on the ride with him that just so happened to have medical training, which is totally not coincidence, but GOD!!! Jim couldn't breathe because one of his broken ribs had punctured his lung. The man put his arm under Jim's head and just held his head in his arms, saying, "You gotta breathe man, try to take some slow breaths." He continued to talk to Jim until the ambulance got to the scene. They decided to airlift him to a trauma hospital in Florence, Alabama, due to the extent of his injuries. Originally they told my sis, Lisa, that he had a shattered shoulder bone, three broken ribs, a punctured lung, and fluid in his other lung. They also thought he had internal bleeding. BUT GOD is good, and faithful, and turns out there was no bleeding, no more fluid in his lungs, he is NOT getting pneumonia (which they also thought he was developing), and he does NOT have to have surgery on his shoulder. Praise God! I am totally claiming this Scripture for Jim's life.

I am sure this has changed him...near death experiences tend to do that. All day Sunday, he couldn't stop crying and just thanking God for sparing his life. They transported Jim by ambulance last night to Methodist Germantown, and he is feeling much relief knowing that he is in his own hometown, so his kids and family can see him. I cannot imagine the experience he has been through, but God obviously has HUGE plans for this man and his family.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day and a really fun Mama...sorry to hear about your husband but like it says in Phil 1:6 - God will finish the good work He started in him!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...