Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Almost Time

I took Jonah and Noah for their kindergarten checkups yesterday. Everything is a go for them to go to school now. Everything that is, but me. I have friends praying for me right now, that I'll be able to let them go without making a complete and utter fool of myself walking out of the building that first day of school. It just seems like yesterday when they were born. I remember holding them both in my arms at the same time, not believing that I had been blessed with 2 little bundles of joy! And I remember thinking how long away kindergarten was.

I know that they are ready...even if Jonah may have a bit of a separation issue. We've talked about it a lot, because I want him to understand that he will be leaving me for several hours everyday. He promised he wouldn't cry, but I don't have much faith in that promise. The good thing is that I did request their teachers, and I know he already likes his teacher. I just pray that he will get the one I requested!

Anyway, yesterday I took them for their checkups. It's good to know that they can both hear good, see well, and are in the normal range for weight and height. Jonah is in the 10th percentile for weight and height, Noah's in the fiftieth percentile. The doc. asked if there had always been that big a difference in them. It was interesting during their vision test. The nurse had me cover one eye so they could read with the other one. On one line, she told Noah to say what she was pointing to, and he just sat there. She said, "Noah, can you see that?" He answered, quite sarcastically, "Yeah, I can see it, I just don't know what it is." It was a picture of a teeny tiny flag. I didn't know what it was either. The nurse was kind of put out with him...she wasn't my favorite. Jonah had it easier because he watched Noah go first.

The doctor told them each (at different times) to draw a picture of either themselves or a family member. Noah did it right away without being told a second time, but when Jonah went to do it, he drew a stick person with just a head and no facial features. He gave the pen back to Dr. Fesmire, and when the doc. looked at it, he laughed and said, "Jonah, that's not good enough. Draw some more." Jonah said, "I'm tired of drawing." When I gave him THE LOOK he decided maybe he wasn't so tired after all. That child's mouth is going to be the death of him. We're having some issues on how he talks to adults, and how NOT to talk back. It's obviously not working yet. I did make him apologize, though, and then he straightened up.

Anyway, it's funny, the twin thing, I mean. Their drawings were almost identical. Freaky, huh? Even their eyesight...that was identical. I think she said that their vision was 20/30, which is normal, I guess. They each had to have 4 shots. My poor babies. I don't understand why that can't be more spaced out so they don't have to have so many at once, but my other 2 did, as well. Jonah flipped out when he learned how many they were getting. He said, "She said I'm getting HOW MANY?????" Then the crying started. For BOTH of them. Once one cries, the other one still cries. Noah even cried while Jonah was getting his shots. Sympathy pains, I guess. Poor little Jonah worked himself up so much, he threw up before we left.

Well, all is better today, even though Jonah is walking around like an old man saying, "when are these shots going to stop hurting??" Motrin is the wonder drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...