Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quiet Time

2 Corinthians 4:6~18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

My grandmother is close to going home to her Heavenly Father. I don't know why God left her here on this earth for such a long time, she's 96, but I do know that He has a plan (Jer. 29:11) for her. I take comfort in the verse above, 2 Cor. 4:16: though outwardly she is wasting away, I am trusting Him that He is renewing her inwardly day by day. My prayer is that when she does go home to meet her Father, that it will be quick and restful. I pray that she just goes to sleep one night, and wakes up in Heaven. I pray that this time will come quickly, so that she doesn't suffer anymore. I am ready for my mom to have comfort that has a new body in Heaven, and that she is dancing at the sight of God. I am ready for her to be with her husband again. My grandmother is a beautiful, sweet spirited woman who is more than ready to take up residence in her new home. When you remember us, please pray for my family...for comfort when she does pass away, and for Him to give my mom the strength she will need.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...