Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Sports

Well it rained Friday in the middle of the night, but God was good, and all games and festivities went on anyway! So, much to their excitement (and mine!), Jonah and Noah played their first tball game. They were so precious! I am having a very hard time believing they're old enough to be on the field! It seems like yesterday when they were going to all their brother's games in their jammies and the twin stroller. :( Yes, I confess, that makes me so sad.
But they had a blast! They were both hitting the ball, and they never, NOT ONCE, ran the wrong way! Go, Babies!!! This one particular time, though, Jonah was catcher, and when he got the ball and the time came for him to start getting kids out, he had the glove on his left hand, the ball was in the glove, and he was tagging people with his other hand. The coaches started yelling, "Tag him with the ball!" to which Jonah replied, "I can't! It's dirty!" Yes, we had several good laughs. And Todd admitted to the whole audience that that was his son. Too funny!
Graham and Drew's team was on fire! They have an incredible team, and they are all very good! Graham and Drew were hitting every ball and getting kids out left and right. I was having so much fun cheering for them, I didn't think I'd be able to stand it. This is my most favorite time of year. Surrounded by friends, cheering my kids on, then standing back at the end and watching as the coach then leads the team in a Bible study. Very cool. And God is at the very center of it all. Awesome! It makes this Momma's heart so full, almost to the point of bursting.
This is why we're doing church sports. We had a bad experience with our town's sports. Too competitive, and too much mean~ness. We just want our boys to learn how to play on a team, fairly, and how to be good sports. And they are good, let me tell you, and they are LOVING being able to play on such a good team, with other Christian kids. It's nice not having to worry what comes out of the spectator's mouths. Except when their Mimi yelled, "Step on him, Drew!" I had to tell her we are not allowed to tell them to step on each other. Even if they were in his way. We are to play nicely, no matter what. So next time, Mimi, no trash talk. Just joking, she really wasn't that bad, but she did yell that at Drew. Lucky for her, no one really heard.
ONLY FOUR MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL!!!! Thank You, Jesus, for getting us through this year! And Thursday night, my hubby, some friends and I are going to see Casting Crowns! This is my early mother's day present. I'm so excited!! I love them, and cannot WAIT to go to the concert!!! Plus, they're FINALLY going to be finished with my house this week!!! Yay!!! I get to go meet with the principal this week and request their teachers for next year. And this week is also pre~registration for kindergarten. :( Another busy week, but one filled with much excitement! More later...hopefully I will post some pics. No promises, though. 'Night.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm sorry but I just couldn't restrain myself when all those little boys were going to make my baby get out when he was there at the base! I promise to be nicer for the rest of the games (unless they are messing with one of mine!!) I hope I don't get kicked out of the park. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...