Sunday, March 9, 2008

SNOW!!! In March?


The craziest snow in the world happened on Friday afternoon, on into
the night, and ending in the wee hours in the morning. I think I took a great shot to possibly use as a Christmas card photo next Christmas! Who'd have thought?! The boys LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the snow! I don't think they've seen that much in their lifetime. I know it's been a long time since I've seen that much. The much anticipated party did get canceled, but all was well. Andy and Carly came over and played with the kids, while all the mommies and daddies played some Phase 10. Andy was supposed to spend the night but ended up going home because of a lack of sleep. David thanked us for not waking him up in the middle of the night.

Saturday brought more of the same...outside getting wet, coming in to warm up, going back outside. Those boys wore my dryer out. I just left it empty and had them strip as they came in and threw it all in the dryer. I am now going to spend half of the next few days playing catch up. It was worth it!

We went to Nana's and Big Daddy's for dinner on Saturday and the boys made "snow forts". Notice the quotation marks. I'm glad they could see it in their little imaginations! All the snow is now gone, well except for the shady spots in our neighborhood, but it was crazy seeing snow on a 60 degree, sunny day! I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I'm ready for it to go into hibernation until next winter. Come on spring and nights filled with warm weather, family, friends and baseball!!! Oh, and did I mention that Todd will be playing three~on~three basketball?! With David, and Rusty on a team called Fatter and Sadder. Should be some pretty interesting games, filled with more of my favorite...laughter in the company of best friends. Enjoy your Monday, I'm going to try and not cry over the fact that when I wake up in the a.m. my babies are going to be 5. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...