Monday, March 17, 2008

Ah, Blessed Day #1 of Spring Break

Well, we had a fabulous first official day of spring break. I slept in until 9!!! My boys are now are at the wonderful age of entertaining themselves when they first wake up, so while they were up and playing (playing Wii, or watching cartoons) I was lounging in bed! This is an awesome stage to be at! This time last year, and even last summer, I felt like I couldn't trust them to let them be up alone, but today they passed the test! Noah did try to rouse me from sleep at 7:30, but I told him to go find his big brothers!

In the way of activities, we didn't do much, but it was an eventful day. My kids and I cleaned out the car, and did some other chores. They got lunch for everyone while I got dressed, then we drove to a carwash. I decided I wanted the outside to match the inside. And I don't care how old they are, they will always love drive through car washes! They were pretending we were in an army storm. I don't quite know what that is, but today we were in the middle of it. =)

We had to do a few other errands, but after that we went to pick up Drew's friend, Nate the Great. I love calling him that. My boys really liked those books, too, so that's where it comes from. He's this precious auburn haired little boy who is more country than a fried potato, and as cute as he is country. He's my favorite of all of Drew's friends. And even Graham decided he didn't want anyone over for him, because him, Drew and Nate all play so well together. This is the little boy who said one time that they would always win, because they were in God's Army. You gotta love a kid like that!

Anyway, they placed their order for dinner, I cooked it, then we all went on a bike ride. It's beautiful weather outside!!! Of course it's dark now, but it was beautiful when we went on a bike ride. My neighbor Travis took a picture of me riding down the street on my bike while humming the tune from Wizard of Oz when the wicked witch is chasing someone. I'll have to hum it for you sometime. I told him not to watch me, in case I drove into the neighbor's bush like I did last time, but he said he would either watch me outside, or hide inside and watch. Nice guy. I did NOT drive into the neighbor's bush, however, I almost ran over Noah. He thought it would be cool to stop dead center of the bike trail, right as I was about to pass him. I caught myself and swerved before I hit the poor kid.

Well, I gotta go play some Wii. I can hear them all playing without me, and I actually hear my little Mii calling my name....gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. That wii is addictive, isn't it? We love it too! I like Drew's friend because he and Nathan share the same nick name! Nate the Great. Nathan hasn't read those books yet, but we saw them in Target the other day and he really wanted to get one. My mom was the one who started calling him that at around 12months and it just kind of stuck. How cute! Nathan is playing wii lightning mcqueen right now, but getting ready to "save the game" so we can go finish playing outside! You guys have fun!

    love you all

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...