Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mean Mommy Part 2

Okay, well, I didn't have to play mean. I went to the school today to eat lunch with the boys, and I had a letter typed up to give to Mrs. Plummer, Graham's teacher. Her husband is like the rest of our husbands and didn't relay the message I'd left for her. (Ha ha ha!) Anyway, I typed up what Graham had told me happened in every situation with this fourth grader so she could handle this little problem. Well, when Jonah, Noah and I got there, we saw Ms. Gaines (afore mentioned favorite teacher). I told her what had happened, and she told me not to hand the letter in to Mrs. Plummer, but to let her handle it. She assured me it would be taken care of by this afternoon.
So, when I went to pick the boys up from school, Graham comes out to the car. When I asked him how it went, he said, "Oh, we solved it." Ms. Gaines went and got both boys out of their classes and took them to the library. She sat them down and said, "Okay, boys, let's settle this." She had Graham tell her all that had been happening, and she had Trey tell her whether or not that was true. With tears in his eyes, he said that yes, it was true. Then he started crying. Come to find out, his home life isn't really good. He has a mom who likes to yell morning, noon and night, and an older sister that teases him relentlessly. Trey said to Graham that he didn't realize how mean he'd been, and that he was truly sorry, and would he please forgive him. To which Graham answered, "it's okay. Here's my phone number in case you ever want to call me and talk, or if you ever want to come over and play. We're always home, and you're welcome anytime." WOW. What an awesome little boy, huh?!
Don't you think we should all be so willing to forgive and forget?! Graham did EXACTLY what Jesus would have done. You go boy!!!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

school is so hard! growing up is so hard! life is sooo hard! How would we ever make it without Jesus in our hearts? We wouldn't.

Love to all of you,
Aunt Tracy

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...