Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready for a weekend away? And maybe that's why my week flew by, because I got home on a Monday afternoon. Anyway, it's time for what is probably my personal favorite blog post of the week. I realize that this type of post isn't for everyone, but you all know how much I love looking for the good in all circumstances, and being grateful in every minute of everyday. I hope you'll consider joining in on one of these Thursdays! 


Here are some things that I am thankful for this week that are straight out of the pages of my journal. 


  • songs that have such meaningful words in them (The Goodness by Toby Mac & Blessing Ofor)
  • a week that feels easy at work (some are more so than others)
  • my amazing family that took time to make sure I came home to a clean house
  • my friend Kelly for always being willing to cover for me when I'm away from the bookstore
  • seeing my sister that lives out of town on Tuesday
  • forgiveness that happens in my heart
  • my friends Mandy and Darlene from work, such sweet sisters in Christ who took time to pray together this week
  • my job, which I know I always say, but words cannot express how much I love what I do
  • a new day
  • rain to water the beautiful earth that God created (it's grass growing season!) 
  • safe traveling from the weekend
  • as much fun as traveling is, I am always thankful to be home, a place that is truly my happy place
  • little things to make the house smell really good
  • the fact that even though I forgot to blow out a candle, nothing happened while it burned overnight 



This is the one I'm talking about! This is one of those $3 candles from Walmart; when I woke up on Wednesday to it still burning, it had barely melted at all since the night before. I'm a believer in them forever now! I wish I could say that this was the first time this has happened, but it's not. I know, I know...


I'll wrap this up with those lyrics I mentioned that really spoke to me yesterday morning as I composed this blog post. 

You made the rain, so when it falls on me, should I complain?
Or feel you calling me
It's all on me to stay and really catch what You're showing
It's my roots that You're growing, cause life is more than this moment

You are the light, so when the darkness falls
The greatest heights, they never seem so tall, no, not at all
You're right, it's my roots that You're growing
Don't wanna miss what You're showing

Ain't no doubt about You
Everywhere that I go, You keep showing up Lord,
You make me wanna shout it, oh
You're the goodness in my life

You are the joy
You're the smile on the face of Your boy
You're the flowers at the park in Detroit
Still the words on the back of our coins
Let's make some noise

You cover me
My Defender, when You're rolling up Your sleeve
You're the truth that's gonna set the captive free
The only King that ever chose to bleed
That's what I believe


What are you thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog today, sweet friends. Love to all! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

  1. I find that I have been continually off by a day all week after traveling on Monday which is making this week fly by! I am loving watching Alec bake this week though; he's making some new croissant recipe with some sort of orange cream sauce filling.. not really what I need after a 4 day vacation/eating binge but I am not going to turn down the chance to eat one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been battling the same thing! That sounds amazing...and I'm sure the cheesecake was delicious as well. You're right about it not being great timing, but these days won't last forever, right??

      Delete
  2. A great list of items! Stories about your candle burning throughout the night are one reason that I have candle anxiety (though your story ended well, thankfully!) and use wax melts to make the house smell good!! Thanks for the link up- will plan on posting later today :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I know... I have done this once or twice before, and thankfully, the same thing happened then as it did the other night, which was nothing. I have thought about switching for the same reason. Where do you buy your wax melts and warmer? I know that Walmart has some great ones.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! In this world of negativity it's so great to hear someone so thankful. After Sunday and Monday of 3 hours of sleep, I am thankful for about 5-6 hours of sleep on Tuesday and last night! I also said some horrible things about having a puppy when I was overtired. As you know after working in a school, it requires so much energy and patience. I have also been resentful of Tom because he pushed the timing of the puppy. See, I said some not so nice things this week. Anyway, I am thankful to have my cute puppy this morning and I am thankful for more sleep. In fact, I overslept. He is my new alarm clock and he let me sleep until 6:30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it means to be tired and to say things you regret. Unfortunately, I've experienced that many, many times myself. I bet you are thrilled with the sleep you got. I hope that continues tonight!

      Delete
  4. You are such a source of joy and light to us all- thank you for your sharing your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some very kind words, my friend. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Your blog is full of good reminders and celebrations of God's goodness! My thankful list is topped by great results from recent cataract surgeries and daily grace and mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! I think that's wonderful that you've gotten great results from your surgeries recently!

      Delete
  6. Just reading your list made me smile! I am thankful for a great trip last weekend and that it is almost a weekend again :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankful your candle was a slow burner! What a lovely song, great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love that song...it's even better hearing it in person.

      Delete
  8. Hello! I always enjoy your Thankfuls, my friend! Such a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going to check out that line of candles next time I'm at Walmart. I do the same thing with accidentally letting them burn! I am thankful for a fun trip and also thankful to be home again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I still want to test your wax melts. I am thankful for those things as well!

      Delete
  10. Indeed. Who am I to complain with whatever God sends me each day? What a good reminder. Much to thankful for today!! Thanks for sharing your full list:) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt, Jennifer! I hope you've had a great one as well!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a post of random and unrelated things on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm running low on content ideas this week, so when in doubt, why not write a post of random things?  We had o...