Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday Favorites, 3.22.2024.

 


Happy Friday, friends, and Happy March! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's favorite blog post of the week. How was your week? Mine was really good, and I hope you can say the same! Before I get started, I want to say thank you again for the comments, emails, texts, and social media messages regarding Todd's surgery this morning. I appreciate all of you so very much, and it means so much to me that you would take the time to reach out to me to tell me that you were covering us in your prayers. Thank you! As you were waking up this morning, we were already at the hospital ready to get this day over with. 


On a lighter note, here are a few of my favorites from throughout this week...




The beautiful architecture at Anthropologie was my favorite from last weekend. I love arched windows/doors!




I've been using this little belt bag for two weeks now, and I love it so much! I love that it's small and convenient, and that I don't have to take it on and off a bunch, like I would a crossbody purse. It reminds me of when I carried a backpack purse all the time; I loved that thing, but the one downside was that it was behind me. I love the concept of it being close to my body, but on the front. I actually ordered another one last weekend on the TikTok shop, another belt bag that's a bit larger. I can't wait to show you! It was $14. 




I mentioned that I hadn't been part of a Bible study since the fall of 2023, and then I saw this on my memories yesterday. I loved seeing the reminder of years of my life spent studying God's word. I cleaned out all of my books and Bible studies a few years ago, and I got rid of most of these, just keeping a couple that really meant a lot to me whose authors I still enjoy studying with. Can I just say that I miss the old Beth Moore Bible studies? I haven't taken one by her in years, but the last time I did, I had a little check of discernment within me that prompted me to walk away from her studies. She's so different now than she used to be, but I miss the old her. I pray for the new version of her still today, because I think she needs prayer. I hate to see people getting hung up on the wrong thing and taking their eyes off of Jesus because of politics! (These statements might sound a bit controversial, but they come from a place of love and a discerning heart.) I'm not saying she isn't a believer, but her platform has has changed her. 





Having a dog wear a diaper isn't necessarily a favorite (it's actually a giant pain), but seeing Chloe in one is adorable. She's currently in heat. Did you know that veterinarians will no longer spay a female dog until she's gone through one complete cycle? They've determined it's not healthy for them, particularly in larger dogs, and especially in Golden Retrievers! Also, did you know that a cycle can last for around a month? We were told not to leave her unattended in the backyard; dogs will try to come into our backyard from miles away, because of their strong sense of smell! I may be crazy by then. She's actually really, really good and just stands there so politely while we put this on her and take it off for her to go outside. 




This night of dinner was a favorite! Air-fried peppers and onions, with smoked sausage and a smidge of fresh parmesan is a bi-monthly staple around here.




The Bible reading for this week has been my favorite!






...as are these precious Timehop memories. Drew owned this little squishy guy above, whom he named Sprite for obvious reasons. Oh, what I wouldn't give to revisit those days for a short time! 




This new curly hair product was a bit pricey, but it's my new favorite! My new record for not washing my hair is ten days. I wet it in every other shower, and when I completely submerge it, I condition the ends. Spritzing with water and spraying with this curl refresher works wonders!




I follow a few NYC accounts on IG, and this picture from one of them was my favorite!




While I don't think it's ever a great idea to have a library next to a bookstore, I am also glad that I have one there, because I borrowed this book on Tuesday while I was there. Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors, and even if the cover makes it look dated, the content inside is still relevant today. This is an excellent book! I hope to finish it this weekend while we take it easy after Todd's surgery. 




Casual days at work are my favorite! Ignore those spots you see on my hoodie, please. I made a mess with coffee that morning at work. 




Stuffing all these pretty eggs was my favorite this week, since we didn't have people coming in because of Spring break. The preschool has a big event coming up soon, so this was something they needed help with. 




Seeing these two precious friends meet outside the bookstore yesterday and study God's word together was a favorite! It instantly reminded me of Proverbs 27:9—Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel.




My friend had these crosses leftover from some lesson prep she was working on for this week, and asked me if I wanted them. I wrote some verses and hung them on the counter; I have a stack of them on the counter for anyone else who wants to do the same for me to display them.




Creating things on Canva is my favorite! I made this pretty sign last week with 1 Peter 1:3 written out in a pretty script-style font. 




 Have you listened to this podcast yet? This will be one of my favorites from here on out!




We went to our favorite Mexican place for dinner last night! It was amazing. I got something called pollo fundido, which is thinly sliced chicken simmering on a hot plate with onions and mushrooms, and topped off with a bit of their white queso. Muy delicioso! Todd had his favorite street tacos with a mixture of chicken and chorizo, which he said is his favorite combination. 


Tell me something good from your week! I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for reading my blog today, friends! Love to all. 


P.S. For anyone joining in with us for the April edition of Currently, our prompts for next month will be what we're loving, looking forward to, buying, planting, and cleaning. 



24 comments:

  1. Thinking of you right now!
    That pollo fundido does sound muy delicioso!
    I bet you could recreate that at home and use some of the white queso in the deli section? That Costco queso is quite good! Your peeps might love.

    I think you have found your gift in the bookstore. It looks so nice and is so welcoming!
    You just gave me an idea to put questions in eggs for my students and some might just say - free restroom visit! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a week of favorites made up of the little things of life! Praying for you guys & hope you both get to take a long nap this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep us posted on Todd- wishing him a speedy recovery! The pics on insta of the blossoms in NYC and in DC this week have had me swooning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping all goes well with Todd's surgery today! I was thinking of you all morning. Thanks for the Currently prompts too-- I try to keep a few weeks ahead on the blog whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Todd's surgery has gone well.
    What a cute little bag.
    Aww! Poor Chloe having to wear a diaper. I hope the cycle is over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on Beth Moore! Her old studies were good but no more for me right now. Does your church have a bookstore and a library? One of the churches that I attended growing up had a library that was a blessing to my mom. I hope that everything is going well right now with Todd. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the diaper days before MudLynn was spayed. Every day is Taco Tuesday, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good words and I totally agree about Beth Moore. Praying for your husband (and you!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so interesting about vets saying not to spay a dog til after first heat. I don't think they follow that suggestion with the adoption shelters as most of the puppies are already spayed at a very young age. I agree about Beth Moore. I used to love her studies, and even went to a live young adult study she hosted in the 90s here in Houston. Everything is so political now, and I think the smart thing is to focus on the Bible and not telling everyone your own views! I had a crossbody bag on my Friday faves today too! Hope all goes smoothly with the recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure do pray your Hubby has a smooth recovery. Yes, I agree, Beth is not the same Beth. I did listen to her autobiography a few months ago on Audible and it was most interesting. Our daughter is an Instructor at Oklahoma State University (she will have her doctorate in Dec) and she absolutely does everything on Canvas. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Todd continues to have a good recovery! Chloe is too cute...Your week of favorites has a little bit of everything, and i hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray Todd's surgery went well, that he is recuperating well, and that you are finding moments of rest in the midst of caregiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Amy! I'm glad you thought of doing that for your students, they will appreciate that, I am sure. Thanks for your sweet words and texts this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilyn, me too! Thank you for your sweet words, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Joanne! I am the same way about posting ahead of time, and I like to know ahead of time as well. I didn't mean to leave them out of that last Currently post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Kim! I love it, too. I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Maria! I still get sad about Beth Moore, I loved her studies so much. I hate that she's changed so drastically. It does have a library right next to me! I don't know how long it'll be there, but I know people borrow books from there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pamela, isn't that great?! I agree wholeheartedly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Tanya! How fun that you also had a new bag on your list this week. I'll have to play catch up, since I didn't have time to read blogs on Friday. I hope you've had a good weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Lea! I appreciate your prayers so much! Canva is such an amazing website to use. I haven't played around with it as much as I'd like to yet, but there are so many things you can do there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Jen! She really is a cute little thing. Her personality is so funny! We crack up over the fact that she watches TV with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much, Natasha! I appreciate your prayers and kind words so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...