Wednesday, February 28, 2024

what's up Wednesday

 



Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Sheaffer and Shay for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in! 


What I'm eating this week: We ate leftovers on Sunday night, Monday night was sausage with onions and peppers, Tuesday night was quiche, and tonight we're having leftovers. I'll probably make something with the shredded beef again, maybe the same thing I made over the weekend that was a hit.




What I'm reminiscing about: Christmas, family time, days gone by, last summer...these are just a few I can think off the top of my head. 




...like these days when one of them was sick, we all had to squeeze into the tiny doctor's office. Graham would have been in a chair next to me with Drew, Jonah, and Noah together on top, probably reading Where's Waldo.


What I'm loving: Right now I am loving my Mondays at home, particularly this week. It was super warm outside in the sunshine, so I put on a bathing suit and coverup and sat outside in the direct sunlight reading my book for 45 minutes. I only wore sunscreen on my face, because I was trying to add some colors to my legs. 🤣 




I was out there in the best part of the day. Soon after this, the sun hid behind clouds and it cooled off quite a bit. The dogs enjoyed being out there with me!


What I've been up to: Something new and exciting that I've been up to (and that I haven't yet shared) is that I've been corresponding with an author that I love recently. She offered (through social media) some free coaching on writing a book; she will be sharing insight about what has worked for her in the world of writing, routines, publishing, and following through with writing the book I've been dreaming about. She had us fill out a questionnaire for this that was a few pages long, and she received thousands of responses; I am so happy that I was one of the few that she picked! This author is Joanne Weaver, who authored one of my favorite books, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. In order to be a part of this, she and I have been emailing back and forth getting to know one another. The coaching starts next week!


What I'm dreading: I am dreading this summer, because my youngest son is making plans to move to Dallas. I'm happy for him, but sad for me because I won't see him very often. I have no idea if this will actually come to fruition, but I'm kind of thinking it will. He has a plan in motion as I write this. I'm also kind of dreading Todd's surgery coming up in March. 


What I'm working on: I mentioned the coaching above, about writing a book, and that is what I'm working on. I have had one mulling around in my brain for the last couple of years, and on Monday I sat and made an outline to turn into Joanne. I may tweak it here and there, and nothing is concrete, but I put down a tentative plan. This is scary...


What I'm excited about: ...but I'm also excited about that process, scary though it may be. You may not know this about me, but I have dreamed of becoming an author all of my life. I've loved helping write the Bible studies I've co-written; I've loved writing articles for online publications; I love writing on this blog and don't see that changing, but I really, really want to write and publish a book. 


Anyone can write and publish a book, by the way, but I want it to be something meaningful and that will also make an impact. Most of you know this about me now, that I don't take things like this lightly. 


What I'm watching/reading: I'm watching my favorite shows that I have on repeat, most of which you already know about. I've been reading a lot lately! Come back tomorrow when I share about the books I read this month. 


What I'm listening to: Lately I've been listening to a lot of eighties music. One of my favorite playlists right now is 80's Love Songs. It's so good and brings back so many memories! I'm also listening to a lot of 90's music right now, both the alternative that I loved as a teenage and the 90's country that reminds me of the days of dating my husband. 


What I'm wearing: Currently I'm in leggings and a t-shirt, but I've been pulling out my spring clothes as of late! I'd love to start wearing dresses on warmer days, which is why I was trying to get a little color on my legs this week. I miss having a tan! 🤣


What I'm doing this weekend: I feel certain that a dinner and Sam's date night will happen sometime this week or over the weekend, and I know I'll see Mom and Trish, but past that, I have no idea. 


What I'm looking forward to next month: March is the beginning of birthday season in our home! Jonah and Noah turn 21 on Sunday the tenth, Graham turns 25 the next day on the 11th, and Drew will be 24 on April 3rd. Additionally, our dads have birthdays this coming month! His will be 85 on the 26th and mine will be 93 on the 29th. 


What have you been up to lately? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 



15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book mentorship! That sounds really exciting though I can see how the unknowns would be nerve racking as well. The same could be said for your son´s move- you want him to succeed and be happy wherever he is though of course your preference would be for that to be where he can pop in for a meal and you can see him often. I know you´re praying for him for guidance with regard to the move. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! You're right about all of that. I am praying about all of these things and just taking things one little step at a time. I also want to be supportive for him, but man! It kind of breaks my heart for myself. Thanks, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this book/writing coach is so exciting- congrats and best of luck. Please keep us posted! I can feel your pain about the kids moving on- know it is the circle of life but it doesn't make it any easier- hang in there Mama XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coaching sounds like such an exciting opportunity! I am so excited for you! You know I will be at that book signing for sure! Sounds like a lot the next 2 months, but the Lord goes before you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many birthdays! I can just see you, super mom, with all 4 boys in tow!
    I hope the surgery goes better than you expect including recovery.
    I understand the sadness about Dallas - seems quite far.
    I got a spray tan on Sunday and it really made me feel better and I wore a dress on Monday!
    I'm so glad you got outside and I think anytime it's sunny you should drop everything and run! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I want to write a book, too! I thought historical fiction, but now I think chick lit. Tom actually helped me come up with an idea. He kept spouting ideas and then said they were for his book and I couldn't have his ideas. He doesn't even read books, so there's no danger of him writing one. I would love to hear more about the process. I also would love to write a cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! That's a March full of celebrations you have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on deciding to take some training on writing a book and for writing an outline. That is so exciting and I hope you lifetime dream comes true.

    Happy Birthday to all your family next month! I hope you all have lots of fun celebrating. Reading in the sun in February is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi friend!! I was thinking of you this evening and decided to pop over to your blog to see how you have been. SO excited to read you are in the process or writing (or learning to write) a book!!! Joanna Weaver is a Montana girl! I follow her. How fun!! :-) Anyway, I am not on blogs much anymore. I need to be better about remembering to come check in more. It was easier when it came right into my email, but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Holly! I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Marilyn! You are so right. He does!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, you made me smile! Yay for your spray tan on Monday. I am sure that boosted your spirit! I will definitely drop everything and run on the next nice day that I have off from work and that I'm at home. I think I got a tiny bit of color, even! Woohoo!

    I had no idea you wanted to write a book! That would be amazing. I can definitely see you doing chick lit with a fun and brightly patterned cover. It would be right up your alley! Retirement goals, maybe???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Cathy! I hope to someday achieve it...preferably sooner rather than later. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bri, HELLO! I have missed seeing you here and have thought about you so many times! I had no idea she was a Montana girl. That's so cool...at first I thought you said that you knew her. That would be fun, right? It's so good to hear from you, I hope all is well in your world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...