Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Let's Look! (April)

 


Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm linking up today with Shay and Erika for this month's topic of "let's look at pet peeves". I thought this would be funny to write and to read, so I made a last minute decision to join in with them. I'll share a few of mine and would love to hear a few of yours for laughs.



I get really aggravated when someone is on their phone the majority of the time that we're together. One of my sons did this at my dad's birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to reach across the table and knock it out of his hands. I refrained, and I didn't even say anything, because he's a grown man. But PUT THE DANG PHONE DOWN, already. I have also seen older people be guilty of this, so don't just assume it's a young people problem. Now, I know there are times when we all have to check our phones, but when I'm with someone and have to do that, I always give an explanation. There's etiquette about phone usage, so I try to be mindful. 


Also, while on the topic of phones, it drives me crazy when people talk on the phone while in the restroom. I've been known to flush the toilet multiples times or clear my throat loudly to try and send a hint to them. It's rude! 



I laughed when I saw this meme, because I do not love grammatical mistakes. I was just telling Todd that I use Grammerly at work all the time and I love it so much! Also, it turns out that my son Graham is just like me on this, and that may or may not be his new nickname. 


I'll wrap this up with one last pet peeve—all pertaining to driving. It bugs me when people skip a long line of cars when the lanes are merging to then be let over in front of all of us that they just skipped. I've been known to block them from doing that. I also don't like when someone passes me on the left, cuts me off to jump in front of me again, and then turns right, right in front of me. I don't love backseat driving from the riders in the vehicle, and jerky driving makes me carsick. I am a good driver and prefer to be the one driving, but when others drive, I try my best not to "help" them or flinch or comment when they do something that bothers me.


It's your turn! What's your biggest pet peeve? Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. 


8 comments:

  1. Yesss!! So with you on all of these- you are better than me- I probably wouldn't splapped that phone- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this just opens up some conversation, doesn't it? :)

    I also can't stand when I finally have lunch with a friend, but they are checking their texts the entire time. Yet these same friends are the ones that take the longest to text back when I text them! It's so frustrating and rude!

    Also, I hate when women walk through a store talking on the phone and we all get to hear their business. If you can't even go shopping for 30 minutes without gossiping on the phone, then just stay home!

    Also, on a personal note...when I'm talking to my husband or kids and they start playing with the dog :) it drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on all of your pet peeves. I also get annoyed when I let someone out in traffic and they don't give me a "thank you" wave. Are you kidding me? I didn't have to do that! I also hate when someone doesn't put their shopping cart in the cart corral unless I see that they are struggling with kids. Then, I often go say "can I take your cart? I need one anyway". But as a mom of twins (which you can relate to) I would often park next to a shopping cart left out so that I could immediately put mine in it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, I just laughed over that image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, YES to the shopping carts! To this day, I still park next to the place to return the carts! Non-courteous drivers also bug me. I'm always overly so in that way when I drive and will roll down my window to make sure they see me waving my thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to all of those. Funny, the same thing happened with my older son and his phone not long ago. I was sending him mental messages and trying hard to drill a hole in his head with my laser eyes. But none of these things worked and I had to remind myself that he is a grown-up. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED AND RESTORED…��❤️❤️❤️

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    Get Your Lover Back & Avoid breakup,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Robinsonbuckler11@gmail (.) com,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...