Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here to join with us again this week. I hope your week has been really good so far! 


I am thankful for sunny days mixed in the middle of all the rainy days we've had lately. Our yard takes a while to dry out, so I know the dogs are happy about this as well, since it means they can stay out longer to play. We do have one that tracks all the things in with her, but we still love her. (It's Oakley, because she lays in the grass to watch them as they roam. It's her bloodline coming out and they go first, then when they're inside, she does her thing.)


I am thankful for great books to read. I'm reading the newest one by one of my favorite authors, Pamela Kelley, and I keep finding myself delaying the book. It's so good! It makes me want to start all over again with the series, since it's been a few years.


I am thankful for a fun work environment! We're always being rewarded with special treats, fun music on Fridays, and surprises for having perfect attendance. It's such a fun and encouraging place to work.


I am also thankful that I don't have to report for lunch duty in the cafeteria each day. Breakfast duty is enough, but it's only about fifteen minutes. I have to be strict with the not talking thing, since their time is so short during that time slot. I don't love being strict with them, but the job calls for it every once in a while. 


I am thankful for days of routine at work. It's been a weird couple of weeks with testing, so we haven't had certain grades for days on end. Yesterday was the first normal day we've had in a week, so I had to remember what to do for each grade as they came in. Wednesdays are a set routine, though, so I love them and that I didn't have to scramble to find something to fill time. 


What are you thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear it sounds like you are happy!
    It is testing season! We had the ACT yesterday and my classes were disrupted for 4 periods. Today we are back to normal, but that is also hard at the end of the week when we didn't even have a 5 day week.
    It's gotten cooler here. I have forgotten how to stay warm outside. Lol! I am thankful for many of the same things you said. Only two more days for you until Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I know yesterday must have felt so weird for you as well! Although, I did not mind the extra breaks. I felt like I got to know my co-workers better, the two that I share a room with. It's hard going back to cold weather once it's been warm and you've gotten used to it! I felt the same as I had to find colder weather clothes for yesterday. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thursday, friend! So nice to read that you are really enjoying your new job! I know the kids just love you:) Enjoy those sunny days...we are having one here today, too! Sunshine makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your job is so important and it sounds SO fun :) They are lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you love your job. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jennifer! That's very kind of you to say. Most of them do like me and I love them. I love being able to pray for them and to share fun moments with them as they learn. It's such a rewarding job! I am so glad you've also enjoyed some sunshine this week, I know you love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is, Holly! Thank you for that, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Cathy! I hope your week has been great, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...