Thursday, January 26, 2023

thankful Thursday & fashion files

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I'm going to start writing two posts in one on Thursdays, at least for the time being. I help host Thankful Thursday each week, and today I'm also linking up for Fashion Files with KellyAnn


How has your week been? Mine has been so good. I'm so thankful I finally started my new job! I had such anticipation leading up to it, that it felt good to finally start. I had a wonderful first day! Everyone that I met was incredibly nice, and I met a ton of people. I'm going in early this morning for something called Reset, in which we hear a devotional thought from a friend of mine and then we pray together. I'm excited to get to know a few people in a more special way after doing this together today. Thank you for your sweet words yesterday! I shared how the job I wasn't look for came about...you should read the post, if you haven't already. You can get to it by going here. On to the rest of the post...


I am thankful for great date nights with my favorite man. We've been doing this every other Saturday night and trying places that are either new or long forgotten, like this place we went to Saturday night. 




I'm thankful for a fun road trip with my dad.




And I'm thankful for time with my mom and sister and sons. I saw them all this week! 


I'm thankful for the kindness of people I don't know very well yet, and the fact that they're nice when I ask a lot of questions. Everyone was very gracious and helpful at work yesterday. I appreciate that more than mere words could ever express. I loved this verse that I came across in my quiet time yesterday morning.




It's from my devotional book that I'm going through, and I was praying about being an extension of the love of Jesus to everyone I met, and a lot of them were that to me. I was very grateful for that! 


I'm thankful for cold weather again! I love this time of year. I know I'm in the minority, but I love the clothes I'm able to wear right now. 


I'm thankful that I had the foresight to expect to be super tired last night, and that I made the decision to stay home from work. I was editing this at 7:20 and I was about to fall asleep as I was writing. 

I am so thankful for the prayers of the people I love. I had so many texts yesterday morning as I started work, that I sat in my car and cried for a minute. I was overwhelmed with their love and my gratitude to the Lord for them. I can honestly say that He answered every prayer! I have never felt so treasured and loved as I did then. If you were one of the praying ones, thank you so much! I know a few of you are. 


And with that, I'll segue into the second part of this post. 


I have some favorite outfits from this week! Here are a few of them that I've worn so far. (These are redundant, but I'm still sharing them, since I've never linked up with this party before.) 


I love wearing a third piece, like this favorite hooded and sleeveless cardigan that I wore two weeks ago. I love wearing neutrals with neutrals; this cardigan is off white and the shirt under it is an oatmeal color. I bought the shirt on clearance from J. Jill and the cardigan came from Marshall's. Do you shop there? It's one of my favorite places. This picture below is from a few weeks ago, and you'll see it again below.




I love boutiques, and this cute gray shirt I bought two weeks ago. 




I included this picture, because jewelry is an extension of my daily outfits. I love this necklace that I have on in the picture below. I bought it while I was with my sisters in Breckenridge several years ago. It's a picture of clouds, which reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses out of the book of Psalm. 






I'm not a big lover of jewelry and wear mostly the same pieces everyday. That being said, I love meaningful things, like with this necklace and how it reminds me of one of my favorite Bible verses. 




This was my Sunday outfit, including the new shoes I bought last week. I also wore this outfit on my first day at work, since I love it so much. It's very comfortable, which is what I was aiming for. 




It was cold and windy on Monday, so I wore this while I went to run errands. I'm glad I had this on, because it's super warm and cozy without being bulky and anything extra I have to carry. I'm going to wear this outfit on Friday, most likely, if it's still cold here. I'll have afternoon dismissal duty at school, so wherever they assign me to, it'll involve me being outside. 


I'm including this nail picture after I got them done Monday, because that is definitely another extension of my outfit. I always pick colors that are seasonally appropriate. That just means that in the winter I wear either something dark or black, then I do a little fun and bright for the month of February. I'll do something blue and bright for March, and will continue to wear white or bright through July. I'll switch to neutral for August, and in September through November, I wear fall colors or something either dark, or black. I go bright red with glitter for December, because why not? I picked this fun magenta color for February. I get the dip powder nails and hope to eventually do my own with the kit I bought, but it lasts for 4 weeks. The color is the DD (Dip & Dap) brand, and it's called Purple Reign. I love it so much! I almost got red instead, but I'm glad I picked this fun and quirky color. 




I wore this outfit on Tuesday when I had to go to my school for a little tour before I started on Wednesday. I wrote a post about that Wednesday! You can read it here.
 



Here are the new blush colored Hey Dudes I bought last week! I need to break these in a little more before I wear them to work all day, but I love the color of them. They'll go with everything!  





I love the fact that this brand of shoes is not only cute and stylish, but comfy and lightweight. I need soft and light right now, because one foot has been hurting a little this week. I think it's the weather that is making that happen, since it's probably arthritis that has set in due to the tendinitis I tend to get, or because of the fact that I've fractured the same bone in the same foot twice. I love heels and boots on other people, but I just cannot wear them for those reasons, so flats, Hey Dudes, or sandals for warm weather it is for me. I don't mind, because I pick things that don't make me sacrifice style for comfort. I'm glad to have tons of options for this kind of thing today. Funny story about this brand of shoes: A funny little girl from the third grade came into our class yesterday and complimented my Hey Dudes, my hair, and my nail color. I immediately liked her, needless to say! 🤣 That is my kind of girl! 


Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Taking it back to the gratitude portion of this post, what is something you're thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Love to all. 







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! I'm glad your first day at school/ work went well for you. I'm sure there's a learning curve and the first day always seems the most overwhelming but you're past that now. That's sweet that a student complimented your outfit. I think it's so neat when students compliment my outfit or something about my outfit. A number of students this year have complimented this one pair of pants that are in my regular rotation of sub clothes. They have a small print on them but seem very basic to me. I could not imagine complimenting someone on them but I'm glad that others seem to like them, lol. I'm thankful for my last born. Today is her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to be thankful for! I am glad you got the first day out of the way!
    I love all of your outfits! I love, love, love that nail color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Maria! I always think that's sweet as well, when kids pay attention to things like that. That's a great thing to be thankful for! I hope she has the best birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a thoughtful post :) I love your Sunday striped fleece...cozy and cute! Your nail color is perfect for this time of the year. I hope you've had a great first week at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to date night with our husbands! We are having one tomorrow night. Love this idea of thankful posts. I might have to start this myself. I adore all cozy looks and pretty nails!

    https://www.kathrineldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jen! I love that pullover. I get compliments every time I wear it, because it's such a happy thing to wear. Yesterday was my first day, and it went really well! I'm excited to go back today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathrine, I agree wholeheartedly! Yay for your date tomorrow night...it is fun to have something to look forward to! I hope you both have a great time together. Thank you for that!

    You should join us each week...I love the practice of being intentionally thankful. It is such an attitude booster! I struggle with that sometimes, like yesterday when one of my sons irritated me. I had to turn it around and start thanking God for him and how He made that particular son...and then when I talked to him in person, I was able to communicate why something he did irritated me and then we were fine. Being thankful has helped me in that aspect of my life and relationships.

    Have the best day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a great first day! And every time I see those shoes, I'm inching my way closer to buying a pair! They look so soft and comfy.

    This week I'm thankful that the tornado passing through our area missed me and all my friends and family are safe.
    It was a close call.

    Today I have my 3 grand girls, so much to be thankful for today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that a student complimented you- so sweet and can't wait for more school stories- such cute outfits too as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad yesterday went well! I was thinking about you. Those shoes will be great for work and anything else too. Just curious, what nail kit did you get? I just got Nail Boo and want to try it one more time before I give it a review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m so glad to hear the new job is going well! And all of your outfits are super cute, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, I am so happy for you that you had such a great first day at your new job. God is so good! All your outfits are cute and your nails look really good too. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. never heard of that nail polish or those shoes... gonna check them out thanks
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Debbie! You should look into them. I know you'll love them when you do try some on! wOW! I had no idea about the tornadoes in your area this week. Praise God all of you are safe! I know times like that are always scary. I would say having your sweet grand girls is a wonderful way to wrap up what was hopefully a great week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn, thank you! I love them and they've been lifesavers. The one I bought was one from Amazon. The brand is Modelones that is very inexpensive. I have no idea how the quality will be, but I hope to try it soon. I can't wait to hear about the Nailboo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Cathy! I am loving it so far. It's fun to be around kids again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LA- Thanks for linking up today! And you're welcome, I hope you like both!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Amy! I love this color too and am thinking it'll be a repeat for me over the summer. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...