Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Christmas tree lighting on the square

 


Happy Wednesday, friends and happy Thanksgiving (tomorrow)! I said I wasn't going to post on Thursday and Friday, but I may do a Friday Favorites post anyway. Basically, I'm not sure. I'll see how I feel when I am home after Thanksgiving dinner. 


We went to our town square last night for the annual Christmas tree lighting. It was so much fun! My niece invited us to go with them, so we took her up on her offer and joined in. We walked over to the square from her dad's house and finally found a place to settle in to watch the lights. It was fun seeing it with the girls! I had one of the younger girls in my arms, I honestly couldn't tell you which one it was, because they're identical and Erika had them dressed alike tonight. 



I think this is Madi with Kinsley and Kylie. I could very well be wrong, but I do think I may be right this time. Check out their sweet little ride! This is a wagon with benches for seats that even have seatbelts...this thing makes it so much easier for them to travel and even to go to places where there's a large crowd. They all started off on the walk to the square riding inside, but K and K wanted to get out and hold my hands. (I melted.) 








There was live music there with a couple performing, but when my boys were young, they invited school choirs to entertain. I prefer those days! My Drew sang in choir his third grade year of elementary school, so he was able to perform there one year. Isn't it magical?! 




Look who finally warmed up to Uncle Todd. For a few seconds, anyway! Such a fun hour and a half we got to spend with them. This is my niece Erika. We finally got a picture! 




And this guy, of course! Even if we had a growth opportunity before we rang the doorbell at Erika's dad's house. I'm rolling my eyes, because we argued literally right as we were getting to the door. I was mad because he was walking so fast and he was mad because I accused him of that. We're twelve, apparently. Regardless, we got over it and had a fun night. 


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friends! I am so very grateful for all of you who are always so sweet to take the time to comment and to encourage. I appreciate you so much! Thanks for reading my blog, as always. Love to all! 

7 comments:

  1. So very "Stars Hollow". I miss small town events like this. I thought these kids lived in Colorado but I am glad they live nearby because you can see them more. I miss having little kids in my life. My youngest nephew is more like a tween now. I am not sure about posting either. It will be a game time decision for me! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love small town events like that! I've always dreamed of living in a town with a town square :)

    And thank you for sharing your story about fighting over the dumbest things :) I love that "you're twelve" like the rest of (most) of us! David and I can fight over the smallest detail that we see differently. It's ridiculous!

    Have a great Thanksgiving! Are you shopping on Friday? I'm thinking I'm too old, but I might try anyway, just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, it really is like the fictional town. You're right, they live in Colorado, but they were here for Thanksgiving. It was so good having everyone here, but we missed my sister Debi. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love these events too! We have our town parade this weekend...I'm going to that too. It's SO RIDICULOUS that we go for ages with no arguing, then twice recently we bicker over the dumbest things. I feel like it's always me- I get hangry and crabby sometimes, so I have to guard my mouth very carefully, but it was both of us on this night. We ended up laughing over it, so at least there's that. Ha! I do not do any Black Friday shopping. I think I'd rather do anything else over that. I dislike large crowds! Did you go shopping that day?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites! 5.3.2024

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...