Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! Thanks so much to Rebecca Jo for taking over again last week while I was gone. I'm so glad to be back to blogging this week. Last week was a nice break, but I really do love writing here and I'm thankful for the community that we've made. I'll consider that my first thing to be thankful for this week!

I'm also thankful for the few days we had to get away last week—looking back, it was a dream of a mini vacation. I wrote about it on Monday, in case you're interested in hearing about what we crammed into three days time. 



Anytime spent with any combination of my sisters is a fun time. I'm grateful for all of them!


I'm thankful to have been able to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary on Tuesday.




Who doesn't appreciate a little compare and contrast? In all seriousness, I really am thankful to be married to my very best friend. I cannot imagine my life without this man and I love the way we make each other laugh. We stuffed ourselves full of a delicious dinner at our favorite local (nice) restaurant, then came home and went on a walk with the dogs.





I am thankful that it's the month of October! With this month comes cooler temperatures, which allow us to sit outside more comfortably. Some mornings I go out and sit with the dogs while they play. We have this swing on our deck that is so comfy. Does anyone else love swinging as much as I do? 



On Tuesday night, Todd and I came home from our dinner and took the dogs on a walk. The reason I'm sharing this picture of Crash is because I'm thankful that he is doing so well, health wise. At the beginning of 2021, we started a long year of him having knee replacement surgery. We did one at a time and the recovery process was BRUTAL. He had to live in a kennel with a cone of shame for two full weeks, but we replaced the cone with an inflatable donut thing that was much more comfy. Every time he was taken outside, he had to be on a leash and we had to lift him from behind for two weeks, because he couldn't jump. After the first two weeks, the donut went away, but he still had to live in the kennel for eight more weeks. He graduated from that to being able to live outside of the kennel, but with zero jumping, so we had gates in front of the couches to prevent him from trying. He fully recovered from the first one and had two weeks of complete freedom, then we started the whole process over again with the second knee, though that one wasn't as long.


Needless to say, it was a very long and tedious time of him having not much of a life, but look at him now! He has lost a lot of weight, which was needed and last night he never once got tired on our walk. I  think he could have gone on for another hour! He wasn't even winded in the slightest. Isn't he handsome? Our old boy is ten years old now and I am so thankful he is in such excellent health and that he nice new bionic knees! At this rate, he may outlive us all. 


It's your turn! Tell me something good from your week. I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Love all your things this week! That would be so hard with a dog! I don't know if I would like to swing now or rock. I think it might make me feel sick. I used to love to swing as a child. Also, I perfected the art of pushing two kids on swings at the same time with my twins - ha!
    It's almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to swing very languidly or my stomach will protest much!! But those glider, "older person" if you will swings are usually ok for me. Glad your dog is doing so well. He is lucky to be so well taken care of by you and your family. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and I love both of those pictures of you guys. You both look so happy. Your dog is cute and I'm so glad he is better this year. He looks happy too. Hope you have a great day and thanks for hosting Thankful Thursday each week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Amy! It was a rough year for him, but he is so good now and like a new dog. I love that! This is a gentle adult swing....it's more like a glider than anything, but that would probably still make some people sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, I think I would be the same. This is more like a glider and is pretty smooth. Thanks, we sure do love our pups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Cathy! It's always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...