Monday, August 1, 2022

weekending/Hello Monday

 


Happy Monday, friends and Happy August! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for today's weekly blog post. 




How was your weekend? Mine was really good. I was up and dressed early and started the day with an early morning nail appointment on Friday. I never do that, because I'm always worried it'll make me late for Dad and it actually did that. My nails were WAY too long and I was really wanting them to be done. Thankfully, we have a device with an app on our phone that we can open and close our garage with remotely. It's so nice and it was great to be able to let him in while he waited on me. My stepmom usually has some place to be, so I am glad it didn't make her late. 



I went to a different nail place. I love where I usually go, but they're short one person and the last two times I've been, I've been there for like two and a half hours. Even though I do have time, that's not necessarily how I want to spend it. I love that this place is appointment only and timely. I love the color she recommended for me, which is close to what is on my toes. It's OPI's Movie Buff. 


I came home to pick up Dad, then we went to lunch on our town square. We ate at a place called Dyer's and had the best BLT sandwiches. We shared an order of onion rings, too!




Again, with our town square! I really love it all, including this old church building I walked by that's still being used today. The stained glass, floors and pews are original to the building. 


After lunch, Dad and I ran errands. My stepmom's birthday was yesterday, so he wanted to get her a gift and a card. We did that, then came back to my house to relax the rest of the afternoon. I took him home, then I left to go pick up Oakley for my son. She had a spa day Friday and was professionally groomed and trimmed up. She looks so beautiful!


This is the first dog we've had that requires grooming. I've mentioned before that my husband and sons' business is repairing medical equipment. Have I mentioned that? I can't remember. They repair tables and sterilizers for doctors, hospitals, dentists and veterinarians. On Monday of last week when Graham was at a customer's office, he asked if they were willing to barter for the job that day and they were! So Oakley had her spa day free of charge and they had their piece of equipment repaired for no charge. You'd be surprised to know how many doctors and dentists do this kind of thing. Win/win. Since I drove to pick her up, he got me a pizza for dinner and brought it home. I ate and watched a movie, then went to bed early. 


I went out with my mom and sister on Saturday, and it was so good to see them! It's been a couple of weeks. We went to buy birthday gifts for Sandy at my favorite little boutique, we had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and ate chips and dips. It was so good! We went to a store Mom wanted to go to then we ended the day eating ice cream. 



I really liked my outfit on this day and actually had several compliments on it. This is the Amazon kimono I almost returned. I'm so glad I kept it! Thanks to Amy, who also told me to try it over a dress...I did and it's so cute! I plan on taking it with me on a trip I have coming up in September. After I got home, I cleaned up in our bedroom, because we sold a book case that same day. I changed into comfy clothes, then settled in for the night to eat leftovers and to watch another movie. I rented one on Prime called Dog. Have you seen this? It was really good. 



I was up early with the dogs on Sunday, and as you can see, they all went back to sleep. I did go to church, but I didn't sit in the service, because I set up for a luncheon that was taking place right after. I took my laptop and journal, and ended up being able to watch the livestream service as I was working. 



After lunch, I came home for a bit, then left again to go see Sandy and to take her the birthday gift I picked out for her. I ended up staying and visiting for a couple of hours with her and Dad, which was really nice. I see him each week, as you know, but I never get to see her for long periods of time. While I was gone, my sons were riding this while it rained. 🤣



Todd was home for the night, so we watched the movie I watched Saturday, then I read my book some at the same time. It was a really good weekend. I hope yours was too! What's one thing you did and loved this weekend? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 


P.s. I made a bonus post yesterday on the books I read in July. I'd love for you to check it out! Click here to check it out. ❤




12 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a nice weekend. All of your outfits are so cute! We switched nail places to one closer to our house that takes appointments and doesn't require long wait times (I don't get my nails done; I live my best nail life vicariously through my teen. I am resigned to unattractive nails, lol). It's a little bit more expensive than the old place but worth it! That's cool that your that your son bartered services with the dog groomer. My husband did that once with his legal business. It was a win/win for sure. You just assume that money needs to change hands with regards to an exchange of services and/ or goods but that is definitely not how it has to be 100% of the time. Have a great Monday and August 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I saw my name, I was already thinking I LOVE both of those outfits! And, you have the purse! Isn't it so nice to be hands free and look cute at the same time?
    I love your nail color. I am so impatient and that is the main reason that I don't get professional mani/pedi anymore. I really hate sitting there all that time. And, I love the money I have been saving. The other benefit is that it gives me something to do instead of snacking in the evenings - ha! But, I love to have nice nails and I hate that it only lasts a couple of days. Oh well... yours look amazing.
    Your town square is so cute.
    Our friend the dentist barters all the time. I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maria! I laughed when I read, "I'm resigned to unattractive nails...". 🤣 So many people just prefer natural nails...and I get it, because it can be a pain to have them done or even to do them yourself.

    I think it's cool about the bartering as well...we actually do this kind of thing often. The biggest thing we ever bartered was for them to work on equipment for two wisdom tooth extractions (all 4 for each kid)...we paid zero. We also did this when our dog Crash had his surgery last year. It's such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amy! And YES! I love this purse. I bought it when it went on sale for Prime days. My only complaint is that I can't use my cute straps with it...even fully extended, they make the purse too short. I noticed you don't have that problem...and now I'm guessing I need a longer strap.

    And now I'm totally visiting the idea of stopping with getting them done to prevent late night snacking. Seriously! That's actually brilliant and it would be nice to save some money. I say this, but I'll probably not stop. Your nails always look good! You're great at doing them...and I always was too. The bonus to doing them yourself is the option of changing colors often. I have quite the OPI collection under my bathroom sink...I rarely use them all now, unless I'm doing my own pedicure.

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love that outfit and the nails are on point :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful weekend with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look great. I just removed the gel powder from my nails to let them breathe a little. I painted my nails over the weekend, which I haven't done in months. They already don't look good, which reminds me how much having them done professionally is worth it.
    I have eaten at Dyer's once and it was a fun experience just the nostalgia of the place. Inside of of that church is beautiful with its history. We went to a few services there, but it was another church that was using its space.

    Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Marilyn! I know what you mean about them starting to look rough really quickly. When I think about stopping, I try to remember that. I know it's beautiful! My friend is the interim worship pastor there and invited me to an early morning service. I hope you have a good day, my friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are just lovely! I can see why you got so many compliments on your shopping outfit; it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, you look beautiful my friend, but I think you are glowing in these pictures! You look extra amazing! I love the new nail color you had put on. And yeah, even though you could make the time to sit there, who wants to for that long?! Ending your Sunday night with a movie sounds lovely. Now I'm off to check out your book post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so sweet, Bri! I LOVE this nail color, even one week later. The more I glance down at it, the more I love it. I was glad she recommended it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...