Friday, August 12, 2022

Friday Favorites, 8.12.22.

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for this weekly blog post, where a bunch of us join in and talk about our favorites from the week. This is always one of my favorite blog days! How has your week been? Many of my friends have kids who started back to school this week and many of you who are teachers started back. I've been thinking about you all week long and have prayed for you several times. I hope if that's you, that your school year got off to a good start. 


I'll start with my first favorite from the week—this beautiful mural painted on the side of one of the buildings on our town square.



The reason I shared this the other two days this week was to give a life update and tell you that I started a part time job! I had my first "real" day on Wednesday and it was good. I'm easing into it, I have to say and will only be working a few hours a week to start off. I feel like it's a perfect fit for me because I've been out of the work force for so long and because my boss doesn't care what hours and days I work. 


I took this picture on Tuesday when I was waiting for my car to cool off before I pulled out of the parking space.



So adorable. It's such a pretty place to go into work! I know you're probably tired of me talking about it, so I'll share one more and I'll be done. This kind of thing is my favorite!



My architecture-loving self loves the inside of the buildings on the square. Lots of the woodwork you see is original, because you can smell it and hear it as you walk. I'm a sucker for details like dark wood trim and exposed brick walls. 


Aside from details of a building, I do have other favorites from the week, like the night our power went out and we were bored, so we ended up playing Phase 10. 




Have you played this game? It's one of our favorites! I won, by the way, in spite of the fact that I accidentally played the same phase twice in a row. I was distracted by a phone call. 


Surprisingly, some of the Bible reading I've done this week has been my favorite. I say "surprisingly" because I've been in Jeremiah and it's not my favorite book. I'm not a big prophesy type gal and don't understand the timelines and such, but I know others love these books in the Old Testament. 






I love what chapter 17:7-8 says: The person who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is indeed the LORD, is blessed. He will be like a tree planted by water; it sends its roots out toward a stream, it doesn't fear what comes, and its foliage remains green. It will not worry in a year of drought or cease producing fruit." What a great reminder for all of us who walk with God! 


Reading has been a favorite past time this week.





Have you read this author? This is the first book in a series by her. I like it! I'm intrigued to see how it will finish with the end of this first one and I'll decide whether or not to keep going with the next ones. I borrowed this from my library with the Libby app.


Wednesday night choir rehearsal is my new favorite! Even if I'm tired on a Wednesday, I'll gladly take it over a Sunday. 




Our worship pastor took this picture and shared to our Facebook page. This is our rehearsal suite. We're up on the third floor and the orchestra practices in the basement in a similar, smaller room. We had a shortened rehearsal because of a church picnic, which I skipped, and I barely made it inside before the skies opened up and another torrential downpour started. I was glad to have made it inside before that started! 


Lunches or dinners like this are my favorite—this is what I had for dinner Wednesday night before choir. It was the perfect light dinner and it was extremely satisfying.



I bought the shrimp salad from Costco this week and it is delicious! Also, the naan bread is always good. I already knew I loved it, but I always forget to buy it for us. It would be good with anything on it.


Other favorites from the week include a slow morning at home yesterday, when I had a little longer before getting dressed for the day. I'm not complaining, I promise, because it felt great to get up, get dressed and have somewhere to be for the morning, even if only for a few hours. It's been so long since I've been in the work force! I just have to figure out my days...this week was different, because Bible study hadn't started yet, but that won't be the case next week. I don't know if I'll do Monday-Tuesday-Thursday or what, so I need to get that figured out over the next day or two. 


In case you missed out on any of my blog posts this week, I'll link them below. I also want to remind you/tell you for the first time that I have taken over a link party that happens on the first Wednesday of every month—it's called "currently" and it's when we share from the topics I pick for each month. Anne over at Anne In Residence used to host this, but she ended it recently and then I reached out to her about taking it over...I know several blog friends who loved being a part of that as much as I did, so I'm excited to keep it going! I'll keep the link open all month long, in case you want to join in last week's when we shared what we're currently loving, wearing, dreaming and hoping. On September 7, the topics will be loving, beginning, ending, picking and posting. I hope you join in! Here is the link from last week and then I'll link the rest of this week's post below.


Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday


How has your week been? Do you have a favorite moment or thing from the week, or a high and low type event? I'd love to hear from you! Thank you for reading my blog, friends! Love to all!


8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you're liking your new job. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cathy! I hope you have a great one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your job sounds really great- the location sounds great and the days and hours you work are flexible. Sounds ideal! It seems a blessing that other potential jobs didn't work out for you for various reasons. No one in my family likes to play cards games. I like Uno and Alyssa used to play it with me a lot but she doesn't care for it anymore. We played a few other card games when the kids were little but we don't play them now. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great week! And it really sounds like you found the perfect fit job for you - what a blessing! I like Phase Ten...and we used to play with friends on the weekend. A lot. They were super competitive. We play to win but are not that competitive...and it took a lot of the fun out of it (at least for my hubby and me). We play a lot of UNO now but I like Phase 10 better! Hope you have a great weekend. Thanks again for keeping the Currently link-up going! I had a (short) list of prompt ideas....if you are interested. I can email them to you -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the new job is working out for you! My favorite for this week was getting to spend time with my aunt who's up visiting from North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Maria! I am thankful it all worked out the way it did. Do you still like to play cards? We all enjoy playing, but so rarely do it or even think about starting a game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jennifer! I totally understand about the not being competitive thing...I am not that way AT ALL. It's what turns me away from most games, truth be told. I'm so glad to keep up the link for Currently! I got your email, those were GREAT suggestions! I wrote them down and will disperse them within the coming months. Keep them coming, as you think of more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Joanne! That sounds wonderful! Nothing beats family time...especially with ones who come in town for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...