Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 



Happy Thursday, friends! I hope you've had a great week so far. Mine seems to be flying by for some reason...it's been like that for a couple of weeks now. It's strange how some weeks are like that and others seem to drag by slowly. Does this happen in your life? I'm not sure what it says about my life right now. This week has been exponentially better than last week. Ah, the ebb and flow of life. I'll jump right in with what I'm thankful this week.


I'm thankful for thoughtful gifts. 



Graham's girlfriend Jessi has been experimenting with making candles and this is one of them. She brought three of them over Tuesday night and left them all with me! This one is vanilla/cinnamon and the others are apple pie scented. They smell so yummy! I sent her this picture this morning as a thank you. I enjoyed my quiet time with this lit on the table beside me as I read the Bible this morning. 


I'm grateful for kind words. I am a words of affirmation girl all of a sudden, when I've never been that before and my husband has been very generous with his words toward me lately. You have NO IDEA how this fills up my emotional love tank! Most of you can probably guess that I'm talking about the 5 love languages. Do you know yours? I'd love to hear what yours is! My other one is a tie between physical touch and quality time.


I was thankful to have a full afternoon of showers yesterday! We have got rain galore in our forecast and it's wonderful. We haven't had hardly any at all in over one month.


I am thankful for fun and new opportunities! I worked a morning shift yesterday morning at my favorite store. I was there to shadow the other ladies for the morning to see if it's something I'm interested in and the bonus is that they're paying me for my time! I didn't expect that and was so pleasantly surprised. I'll share more when I hear from the owner. 



This was me walking into work on the town square. 😍😍😍 You know I love our town square!


I'm thankful for good playlists on Spotify, like this one that is my current favorite.



I'm so thankful I got to have a REAL FAMILY DINNER with all of my people at the same time on Tuesday. Drew requested French dip sandwiches with au jus and they were delicious.



I am thankful for pool time with my mom-in-love on Tuesday. 


What are you thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

22 comments:

  1. That is exciting about a job at your favorite store! I hope the shadowing continues to go well. The candles sound like they smell amazing. Enjoy your rain/ overcast skies. I am enjoying it here in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I am anxious to talk to the owner soon. The candles smell so good- I'm so ready for fall! 🤣 I hope the forecast sticks! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have had a full week and maybe a better week than last? I am so happy for you and your new opportunity. I am thankful for a family dinner Tuesday night, too! It has been so rare that all four of us can do that this summer, sadly. I am thankful for a lot of quality time with my husband this week and the fact that he is so handy and fixed our refrigerator for only $10. He hung my bathroom photographs. He trouble shooted/shot? my car's check engine light. I am also thankful he is back to normal after Covid. So much to be thankful for, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy- Thank you and YES! A much better week. I totally understand about not seeing your family much. I feel the same! I say this all the time, even though they live here, they're all rarely at home. I am always thankful for the fact that my husband is handy too! It's saves so much money when they're like that. I am so glad he is feeling better! It takes a while to get over that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to have the chance to work at your favorite store! I know that would be a bad idea for me...I'd just spend my paycheck there. lol Love the candles, what a sweet gift, and imagining those scents is pushing me closer to being in the mood for fall. Having the whole family at the table is such a rare gift these days. I'm glad you got to have that time with them. Thank you for taking on the hosting of Thankful Thursday while Rebecca Jo is not able to do it. Blessings on the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy- I know! I've already warned my husband that I may not bring home much of a check. 🤣 I totally feel you on the fall thing. I'm so ready! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I'm glad to do this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited about your new opportunity! I do hope we get some rain as well. I'm intrigued by the candle making...what a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute candle and the scents are some of my favorites. And yes, they remind me of fall too. Family dinners are always so good. Of course, with our girls in Texas and Florida and we're here in Ohio, needless to say, we don't have those much any more. Hoping all works out with the job. I think it would be fun to work in a favorite store. Hope you have a great day and thanks for hosting Thankful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, the days go by way to fast! Your candle looks so nice. I use essential oils because candles bother my allergies. I am taking my grands swimming today. I do enjoy a French dip sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the walk to work would make that job delightful! You really do have a beautiful downtown! I hope all works out regarding the job....in just the way that would be perfect for you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the ebb and flow of life, how true! I am glad this week is better than last. :-) How sweet of Jessi to gift you those candles. I love that she is learning to make them herself. I always thought that'd be fun to try out. Your town is just so beautiful. I would love to come visit it someday. Happy Thursday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer, how exciting on your job shadow, jeep us posted. Sounds like you had a terrific week. I enjoyed hearing about your family dinner and it is so special you got to spend time at the pool with your mom-in-love. Blessings.
    #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. A candle store habitat sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love towns that have town squares...and I'm jealous that you get to walk to work!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Marilyn! I'm intrigued by this too and always wanted to try it. There was a period of time when the boys and I made handmade bar soap. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cathy, I know you'd love family dinners like the one I mentioned! I know it's fun when you're all together. Does that happen very often? I'd imagine it doesn't, being so spread out. I am really looking forward to it, if it works out! I haven't heard anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan, thanks for stopping by! I hope you and the grands had a good time swimming. I know that was fun! I love essential oils too...I just rarely use them because I always forget that I have them. I'd love a diffuser... I need to remember and ask for one for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer- I KNOW! It really would be perfect! I'm trying to not get my hopes up... I haven't heard anything yet! You know I'll love getting a glimpse of the square everyday. I need to go there more often!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bri, right? It's so true. I always thought it would be fun to try as well! When the boys were little, we made handmade bars of soap with little trinkets inside of them. It was so much fun and we actually used them. I don't remember where I got the idea from, but they loved doing that kind of thing. You KNOW I would love for you to come to visit! I am pretty sure if you ever do that, I can hook you up with a place to stay for free. Several of us at church want to meet you in person! How fun would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Paula! I will keep you all posted! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mary, thank you for stopping by! I did actually drive to the square, I just parked a good bit away to reserve the spots in front for customers and walked the rest of the way in. It's just so beautiful and I love seeing it decorated for the different seasons. I can't wait until they start putting out pumpkins, mums and stacks of hay. It's my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Currently: the happy May edition

  Happy Wednesday, and happy MAY!! I'm so excited that it's this time of year and that summer is so close that I can almost taste it...