Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! Rebecca Jo and I are back with another installment of Thankful Thursday. We would love for you to join us and chime in on all the good things from your week! 


I am so thankful for my dentist! I love him and his sweet wife so much, but as much as I love him, I don't love having to go see him. I have always disliked going for dental appointments, even routine cleanings. His business card says this on it: We cater to cowards! I am a big coward when it comes to dental anything, but like I said, I was grateful that he fit me in to remove an old filling that had turned and lodged sideways into my tooth. I am also thankful to be able to see a dentist. Many people don't have that luxury. 


By the time I made it to him at 8:30 Monday morning, my whole face was sore from the pain from my tooth. 



This was me while I waited on him to come in. I love having a Kindle in these situations and take it with me just about everywhere. 


I am thankful for productive days! I felt so much better instantly after my appointment and came home to clean out in my dining room hutch, the actual room, a rack in the downstairs hallway and in our under-the-stairs closet. 



This was the finished dining room. It looks so much better!

I'm thankful for a great sermon I heard that I'm still thinking about, based on Psalm 16.



Do you write in your Bible like this? I love to do this when I want to remember something. 


I'm thankful for the gift of electricity, and I say that with all sincerity. We lost power on Monday afternoon for eight hours and though it wasn't as bad as it might have been for some people, I was so glad when it came back on. I'm also thankful for the trees in our backyard that shade our house to make it cooler! Because I hadn't yet started cooking dinner, Todd and I went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and it was delicious. After that we came home and took cool showers, then sat and listened to music and read.


Again, I was thankful to have a Kindle in this kind of situation. Have I convinced you that you need one yet?



I laughed so hard at this picture, because the pen the waitress brought to sign with was broken, so he took this little thin piece out and signed it with just that. 


I'm thankful for time on Tuesday to do all the things I like to do on Monday. I love spending that morning meal planning, making lists for groceries or errands, updating my prayer journal and catching up on my Bible reading, if I've fallen behind. 


I'm thankful to have sons that are grateful for everything. In this day and time, I feel like this is a rare thing to witness, but they're always so gracious with their appreciation. If I make dinner, they always thank me and tell me how good it was. When I make them lunches, they always thank me for that. You can imagine how nice it is to hear that. And I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to make them lunches for work.





Here's all their lunches I made for them yesterday. Noah's is the yellow one, which is a hand me down from my stepdad and which seems appropriate for Noah to carry, since they've always been close. The big one on the right side with the three is Todd's and the other two belong to Graham and Jonah.

Lastly, I am thankful for my husband, which I know is something I always say but truly mean. As I write, he's out running an errand for us, and I think it's so nice of him to do things like that. I have many friends whose husbands never do this kind of thing, so it makes me extra thankful for mine. He's an all around nice guy. Just this past weekend, he noticed an older lady paused to stop to look at the boxes of protein drinks at Costco and he stopped to ask her if he could help her. She was actually looking for a certain brand, but he found them for her and loaded two boxes into her cart for her. Isn't that the sweetest? He is always stopping to do things like that and is forever offering help to anyone who needs it. He has instilled this kind quality in our sons and I am so proud of them all. They're very kind and respectful to everyone and they honor others. 


It's your turn! Tell me something you're thankful for this week! I can't wait to hear from you. Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. I went to the dentist this week too, but only for routine cleaning. Still, not my favorite thing to do but it helps that I like my hygienist and dentist!
    I have a journaling Bible that I use for "art". I do a lot of tracing and printing on clear sticker paper because an artist I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Mary! I totally get the whole "it not being your favorite thing" because I feel the same. That's awesome and I love those Bibles! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We lost power, too, this week and it was not fun. On other hand, it made me appreciate electricity SO MUCH when it came back on. And I was thankful that we got our electricity restored quicker than others who had to wait longer than twelve hours to get theirs back. I was thankful for my Kindle during the outage but worried about the battery running out on it- the ONLY downside to having a kindle in my opinion!! So glad that you got your dental work done. Your husband sounds like a great guy- my husband is too. Kindness and a spirit of helpfulness come naturally to him and I try not to take that for granted. Have a great day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful for the Lord. I cannot imagine my life with Him. I am thankful we have talent and the ability to do things in life that are otherwise hard for others. Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take my Kindle with me everywhere just for such occasions - sit & wait? Let me get some pages/chapters in
    What kind of Bible is that? I love journaling bibles but this looks bigger than a regular journaling Bible

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca Jo- YES! I love my Bible. It's the She Reads Truth wide margin Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband sounds like a prince indeed. My PC says the highest compliment anyone can get is they are a good person. Sounds like your husband truly is.

    I think about how grateful I am for water all of the time. I think of the people who have to walk great distances for fresh water. I feel so guilty for wasting a drop.

    My husband thanks me for cooking dinner every night. I never get tired of hearing him say thank you. So thoughtful. We both have a good guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Leslie! I love that saying...I believe it's true! Water...yes! I think about people that have to do that as well. We've learned a lot of that since becoming a sponsor for a child in such a place through Compassion...our little guy used to be one that would walk for ages for water. Now they have a well in their village!

    That's so sweet. It never gets old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...