Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thankful Thursday


Happy Thursday, friends! This day of the week is always one of my favorites in the world of blogging. I love being intentionally thankful and focusing on the things about the Lord that I am thankful for.  That's what I'm focusing on this week. Rebecca Jo and I would love for you to join in with us! 


I was inspired by what I prayed yesterday, because when things that go on in the world are hard and I don't know what to pray, I just start to thank God that I can talk to Him and I praise Him for who He is. I know that He is good and that we live in a horribly fallen world. Evil is everywhere, especially within the hearts of people who don't know Him. As I prayed, I was thankful for the fact that Jesus knows better than anyone what human anguish felt like. 


He was betrayed by friends, He experienced the loss of a friend and wept over his death, He knows the sinfulness of man, because He experienced it around Him. Maybe that sounds weird to be thankful for those things, but it's comforting to me as I pray that He understands why words don't always come easily when I pour my heart out to Him. I am thankful that not only is He my peace, but He also gives us His peace as we go through human emotions. He is my strength, He is the strong tower that I can run to and He is our comforter. He also enables us to help comfort others as He has comforted us! I am thankful for this, because so many times I've been on the receiving end of that kind of thing.


I'm thankful that when I don't know what to pray, He knows what's on my heart. He prays for us when we go through times like that, we're told in the book of Hebrews. He is our High Priest that we can go to at any given moment and we have constant access to Him. There are no rules and regulations we have to go through to talk to Him. These are the things that were on my heart yesterday as I tried to pray. I thanked Him for all of these things later on throughout the day, and I wanted to share them with you here. 




Thanks for reading, friends. Love to all. 


 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post! I loved the part where you said that you're thankful that God knows what's on your heart when you don't know what to pray. Amen to that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet words, Mary! I appreciate you taking the time to comment and to encourage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...