Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I'm joining in with Rebecca Jo and Leslie for this week's edition of Thankful Thursday. 

I've been talking about Bible study a lot lately because it is really, really good. I'm dedicating today's post to what my friend taught on yesterday. 

I am so thankful for Bible study every week! Our small group is so much fun and we've all gotten to know each other really well. It's fun to laugh and catch up and share stories of times gone by. This semester may just go down as my favorite ever. Last week in Bible study we studied the difference in how God created men and next week we'll talk about how He created women. My sweet and beautiful friend Dedee taught the main lesson yesterday and I thought I'd share what she said. It was so good and resonated with me and I always think if it resonates with me, chances are it'll also resonate with someone else. 

Most of this is dedicated to being a wife and how we can support our husbands. This could also be used on how to pray for your daughters, future daughters-in-love and granddaughters. I am talking to myself here! 

These are ways we can be supportive of our husbands (or ways daughters or granddaughters can be down the road) as their helpmate. 

1. We can love and help our husbands.

2. We can let our husbands lead and we can resist the urge to stifle him. 

3. Embrace the differences in the personalities of men and women. In a moment when you could argue, ask the Lord to teach you something in the moment when you're frustrated the most. 

4. Guard your heart against bitterness. (Proverbs 4:23)

5. Be an extender of grace. I'll add onto this one—I think we should all be aware of how we speak of or two our men. Our words should build others up, not tear them down. (Ephesians 4:29)

There was a sixth one, but I don't think I wrote it down right. It was such a great lesson today! I don't know about you, but I know that I need lots of reminders of all of these things listed. I am guilty of all of them! I don't always willingly let Todd lead me, I don't always feel like extending grace and sometimes I don't receive things very well. I read way too much into things he doesn't say and what he could possibly mean. Basically I'm a big work in progress and I am thankful for godly teaching friends who pour into me like my friend Dedee. I am so thankful the Lord brought us together as friends! 

Well, thanks for reading my blog, friends! I hope you join in with us this week. Love to all! 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Those tips can go for every relationship really.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ideas for the correct way to treat our husbands. I'm know that I'm quite a bit older than you and, trust me, I still need these reminders. I too am a work in progress. Thank you so much for sharing them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminders! I am glad you're back in Bible study and loving it. As always, I appreciate your honesty that you are a work in progress (as we all are!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these! Thank you for sharing. I am really enjoying Bible study too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca Jo, you're right! I just took them to heart as a wife and even a mom of sons. It inspired me to change some of the ways I've prayed for our sons over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cathy! I'm glad you enjoyed them as well. I'm so glad the Lord never gives up on us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Maria! I hope you've had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Bri! Are you back with us on Wednesday nights? I've been meaning to ask you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...