Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Let's Look!

 


Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for this blog post today.

I never talk about apps on my phone, but I do like to see what everyone does on their phone from time to time. That being said, I thought I'd join in! I do not have an iPhone. I have a Google Pixel 4a and feel like that needs to be said first thing, in case mine looks different or the apps look weird to you. 

How pretty is my background? That was a picture I took while I was at my friend's house on the beach this summer. About phones, I cannot stand a cluttered home screen on my phone or on my laptop. I don't even like a lot tabs open and I am always clearing them off my phone, thanks to my son Drew who made me that way. I create folders for everything and this is the only home "page" on my phone. 

Here is a glimpse inside those folders. Please notice their titles and the fact that everything inside is in alphabetical order.

This is my "most used" folder and everything is pretty self explanatory. Amazon, Bible app, Bitmoji, Calendar (I think I've finally converted from a paper calendar to my phone only), Chatbooks and Collage should be removed because I never use them, notes, Digital, email, social media, weather, pictures....this is the folder I open all the time. The digital clock app is the "clock" that both my husband and I use on our sides of the bed for a clock at night. I like to know what time it is when I wake up thirteen times in the middle of the night, anyone else feel that way?


This next folder is my Movies, Books & Music section and I will say that I use this folder almost as much as my "Most Used" folder. When I started reading on my Kindle, it started updating my profile on Good Reads, so I'm using that app again and it helps me keep track of what I've read all year. I use Spotify almost nonstop and that Services app is what I use to listen to music for choir rehearsals and to prep throughout the week if I'm on a praise team that next weekend. 


Last but not least is this Smart Home folder that is my husband's pride and joy. He's made us into a smart home here and this is how we turn lights on and off, check home security cameras, see who is at the front door, open our garage doors, control the temperature in the house and see that our Amazon driver delivered the package right inside our garage door. My dad is always blown away by all these gadgets that Todd has set up in our home. 

So those are the only apps I use. I'd love to hear your favorites! Thanks for reading along, love to all. 

10 comments:

  1. I use many that you use. I especially love the Good Reads and love that it syncs with my Kindle. I too have a clock app so I can see what time it is in the middle of the night and my alarm is also an app on my phone. I also love, love Libby and Instagram is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of the same app's. I'm going to check out the digital clock app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty screensaver! I have mine set from the snow we had back in February. It is suppose to help me keep cool on days like today :). I haven't seen that digital clock app, so will have to look at that one. That would be so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy- Instagram and Libby are a couple of my favorites, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya- we have always had a digital alarm clock in our room, but when ours died, my husband found this app and it's perfect! I like that you can change the color to make them less disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, you should check it out! I'd like some of that snow right about now. It's HOT today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have them in alphabetical order! I tend to order mine by use but I do love a good ordered system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne- I am such a type A control freak! 🤦🏼‍♀️

      Delete
  8. You are so organized. I need to do that alphabetical thing to my apps. I usually just type it under the search because I can never find them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...