Friday, August 6, 2021

Friday Favorites, 8.6.21

 

Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for this week's favorites blog post. 

How has your week been? I'll be honest- my week has had some highs and some lows. I can never write on here without being completely transparent, and yesterday I was having A MOMENT. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was all "woe is me" and such and then I sat down to read my Bible for the day. At four o'clock in the afternoon. Again- anyone else? The Lord very quickly set my gaze back on Him once I opened up His Word and I spent some time praying and repenting for a bad attitude. Before I knew it, I felt so much better and I turned on some praise music. 

Hi, friends. My name is Jennifer and sometimes my attitude sucks and it needs to be adjusted.

It's always my favorite when the Lord does that.




And along with that, Scripture writing is my favorite. I'm loving the names of God plan and am able to use it when I pray. It's so powerful, knowing the different names of God and praising Him for who He is.


God is hope! He gives us joy and He fills us with peace, for those of us who know and love Him.

As far as the rest of the week, this is ALL. I'VE. BEEN. DOING. It's a good thing that puppy snuggles are my favorite, even if puppies are not.






I haven't left my house except for just one time, to go and pick up groceries. This is Oakley, my oldest son's puppy. When he's home, she is all his, but I've been watching her for him while he's at work. She was what made me have a moment yesterday and I was OVER HER. I had to stick her in the kennel yesterday for an hour just to give her a break and the other dogs a break from her.

In other news, Crash, our white dog that had surgeries recently, is well enough to be out of the kennel! He is down to just house confinement, instead of kennel confinement. I will be so glad to get rid of that kennel! We'll keep it a few more weeks for him to be locked in it overnight, but he is doing so well and we're shocked at his fast recovery from this surgery. His first one was a beast! 

Right now, Crash is my favorite dog.

Other than what I've written, I have read some books all week and we all know that's my favorite hobby. I've read three books and started another one. 

I had dinner with one of my best friends last night and that's always a favorite as well! It did me good to get out of the house.

And that's about all I've got! How was your week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog. Love to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Yep, my attitude often needs an adjustment. lol

    I'm getting ready to print those scripture sheets. I found an almost empty notebook at home last night and plan to fill it with scripture. I think that may be really good for me.

    Oakley is adorable...but puppies can be wild and I don't think I'll ever have another one. But who knows?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two HUGE kennels in our house & I hate them - but the dogs love them & take them as their little "apartment" - what I call them - so we cant get rid of them... I need a bigger house

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have to "reset" my mood sometimes. We all get in a funk from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a wonderful rest of the weekend - and a beautiful Sunday. Just what we need for that attitude adjustment:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...