Thursday, March 25, 2021

a few things

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I thought I'd share a few random things on my mind.

This picture always brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. It's so hard to believe this wasn't that long ago, but my dear friend Eileen on the far right has since passed away and is with Jesus now. This was such a fun day! Eileen and I had made plans and when we met, she whisked me away to a little coffee shop on our town square and we met Missy and Barbee. They surprised us with little Easter treasures, potted gerbera daisies and milkshakes! It was such a fun and sweet day and I loved that they surprised us.


It is shocking to me that this was seven years ago. SEVEN! We used to love to go to Costco for lunch and shopping after church on Sundays and this was us doing that. Todd, Graham and Jonah were watching a March Madness game on Todd's phone while we ate and were laughing all the while. Graham had his arm around Todd. 


I took this today at Bible study. We've had to meet in the sanctuary all semester, which seems like way too much space for a small group of us, but we've made it work and have only had to move around a time or two. It was Amy's turn to teach on our last lesson of Philippians and it was so good! I have loved getting to hear different teachers all semester long and they're all incredibly gifted.


I ate dinner super early yesterday, before church. I sautéed these veggies in low sodium soy sauce, a drizzle of olive oil and a tiny pad of butter and put it all over rice. It was really good! I've been on a raw veggie kick and most days I've been eating those and hard boiled eggs for lunch.


I made a tray full of these hot ham and cheese sliders the other night for dinner. All I do is cut a whole package of Hawaiian rolls at one time, load them up with ham and cheese, put their tops on and drizzle them in a sauce made of butter, soy and Worcestershire sauces and poppy seed. Bake them for about fifteen minutes at 350 degrees and serve them while they're warm and the cheese is all hot and melty. They are delicious.


I have had the sweetest quiet times this week. I've been in Numbers for a while now and am nearing the end of that book, but I've also loved the portion of Psalms I've been in. This particular chapter is one of my favorites. 

Speaking of favorites, we are celebrating my dad-in-love's birthday tonight! Because of that, I will probably skip my usual Friday Favorites post, so in case that happens, I'll see you back here on Monday. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...