Monday, February 8, 2021

weekending

 



Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Tanya from The Othere Side of the Road for this blog post.

It was a very low-key weekend and I am okay with this little fact. I kicked it off with my Dad coming over for lunch on Friday, as our weekly tradition goes. Would you help me pray for him this week? He is getting his second dose of the Covid vaccine and I pray it doesn't affect him like so many people I know who have been affected by that second dose. Our day together was really good and it went by fast. I made us tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch. 

Todd worked that night, so the boys and I had pizza for dinner. They were home for most of the night becuase Drew bought himself some new floor and headliner lights for his truck, and they spent the entire evening out there either wiring it all or upstairs threading the hundreds of fiber optics through holes they precut in his headliner. This is the second time they've done this, the first time it was in Jonah's truck and this time it was for Drew. I love how they all help each other with their projects. When they were little, I always prayed the Lord would help them to be friends in their later years and He has been so faithful to answer that request of mine so far.

On Saturday I was up early and at church by nine to meet our new worship pastor! It's been almost a year since we've had one, but we've had a really sweet friend and pastor at church filling in as interim in all these months. The prospective worship pastor came and had a special rehearsal for choir and orchestra and then he led us in worship on Sunday. He accepted the position, we found out yesterday, but won't be back for weeks, I'm sure. He'll have to go back to where they're from and give notice and then pack a house and move here, so they have some long and trying days ahead of them, but I am so excited and will be praying for them as they make this transition. 

The rest of the day consisted of me watching tv and Todd and Graham working. 

Church was yesterday and I was back by eight thirty, then we came home and I had lunch, then rode with Todd to Costco for a few things for last night. The boys all had friends over and we had lots of food for them all, but I went to Mom's so they could have the whole living room. Todd loves when they're all here to watch games together, even though he hates professionals sports and always prefers anything college level instead. 

He managed to keep this fire going all night long, which is his favorite pasttime once he's at home. Meanwhile, Mom, Trish and I watched a terrible Hallmark movie. (Beverly Hills Wedding—save yourself from wasting two hours of your time and skip it.)

That's about all we did this weekend, like I said, it was very chill and I am always okay with that. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

6 comments:

Pamela said...

What a great weekend! That's so wonderful that your boys are there for each other as adults.

Bri Runde said...

How sweet that you get that time with your dad each week. I will be saying prayers all goes fine with his second vaccine. How exciting to have a new worship pastor! Music is life!!

Joanne said...

I hope your father has an easy time with the second dose; I have heard it can be a real doozy.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Pamela, I agree wholeheartedly! I never want to take the gift of their friendship with one another for granted. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Bri- Thank you for helping me pray for Dad. As you can imagine, we are very close and at almost ninety years young, I cherish every moment we get to spend together. I am beyond excited about our new worship pastor and I totally agree, music is LIFE! Have a great week, friend!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Joanne- I have heard the same thing and have had several friends experience it, so I'm praying maybe he'll be an exception. Have a great week!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...