Friday, February 5, 2021

Friday Favorites 2.5.21

 Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post. 

It's been a really good week, much of the same as the four weeks prior to today. These days I'm not getting out much, mainly just when I go to the grocery store and on Wednesdays when I go to Bible study. There's not a reason as to why I'm not getting out, I'm just not. I also go out (usually) with Mom and Trish on Saturdays and then church on Sundays. I don't mind this and staying home is never a hardship for me. I am an extroverted introvert, meaning that I am an introvert who can fake not being one.

Here's my list of favorites from this week, in no particular order.

Reading is my favorite hobby and I read eight books in January. I posted about them on Tuesday and gave the first book review I've given in a long time. I'll not stick with doing this, I can almost promise you—I have good intentions, but my follow through could use some improvement.

My favorite book of the month was Prodigal Son by Danielle Steel. I love most of her later books, but this one had a shocking turn of events close to the end and it was so good. 

Scripture writing is my favorite and I love these themed plans that Shannon from SwtBlessings.com puts out monthly. It's not too late to jump in, if you'd like to join me in this!

Timehop KILLS me. This popped up in my memories there yesterday of Jonah five years ago, holding our little neighbor Carson when he met him for the first time. Maybe he'd already met him, but I love this picture of him smiling down at Carson and his dimples are STILL my favorite.

I went to my favorite place on Tuesday and brought home some new library books. This book was SO GOOD and Ree Drummond has been a favorite of mine since before The Food Network even knew who she was. I've been reading her blog since she first started it back in 2006, when blogging wasn't really a thing. That's about how long I've been writing on my blog, but I think it was more like 2007 when I started writing in this little slice of the interwebs.

Organizing things is one of my favorite things to do, and this accidentally happened on Monday. It wasn't on my list of things to do, but I found myself here for about forty five minutes pulling everything out and refolding it and then putting it away in a spot that made more sense. This is our only linen closet in the house and considering that, it wasn't too bad. 



Our pets are my favorites. The cat sits in my lap the minute I sit down and the dogs just sleep the days away. 

This cup of homemade hot chocolate was my favorite earlier in the week. I was FREEZING on this day and it did help warm me up a little. 

I'll wrap this up with that last one, my dad will be here in a bit and I have a few things I need to get done before he arrives. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I keep a post going with a quick summary of each book as I finish reading and then when the end of the month comes along I have my post all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I need to do that. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...