Monday, October 12, 2020

weekending/Hello Monday

 

Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Tanya from The Other Side of the Road for this blog post.

I had a really good weekend and I hope you did too! I got mine kicked off with Dad on Friday. I love that his visits have always been the official kick-off to our weekends. It's been this way ever since the boys were little and I wouldn't change one thing. I made us a really good lunch on Friday, one of my newest favorite things to make. I don't have a name for it, but I peel and dice a sweet potato and toss it together with olive oil and Everything But the Bagel seasoning. I bake this at 350 for 15 minutes, then I add in some diced up smoked turkey sausage and cook for 10 more minutes. On Friday I served this to Dad with some garlic bread. It was really good. I make it a lot for me when I'm here alone, because it's easy and is perfect for just one or two people.

I watched two Hallmark movies Friday night, because everyone was gone. Todd worked with the sheriff's department and the boys all went out for dinner. I had the last bit of taco soup that was leftover  and enjoyed a quiet evening. I was up extra early on Saturday texting Noah (he left at five a.m. for the beach with his friend Max and his family) and finally got up to watch two more Hallmark movies before getting started on the day. This movie was so good!


It premiered a week ago, but I missed out on it then and recorded it Friday night. This reminded me of a friend of mine who loves to read Amish books—I didn't think I'd be a fan of a movie like this, but it proved me wrong. The other movie I watched was Christmas at Dollywood, but I'm not quite ready for Christmas movies yet. Drew had to make a run to Target for a prescription of his, so I also sent him to pick up some sausage biscuits for the all of the guys for breakfast. A little later in the morning, Todd and I left to go get my new phone. 

I've noticed trees around town changing colors and they're beautiful! This is a street in my neighborhood.

I also noticed it raining leaves on Saturday when I took my dogs outside. I love this time of year! I love seeing it rain leaves and I even love seeing them on the ground. 

I have been enjoying the Scripture writing plan for this month and this that I read on Friday is one of my favorite passages. I needed to read this, because sometimes this crazy world and the times we're living in bog me down.


My husband and oldest son worked again Saturday night and after getting a new phone that day, I spent part of the afternoon getting it set up to my liking, then I had dinner, walked a mile on our new treadmill and showered and came downstairs to watch a tv show. Church was Sunday and after getting there early enough to sit and pair my new phone up with the bluetooth in my car, I went in and made my way up to our choir suite. Church was so good! We had a Lord's Supper service, which is always so very meaningful, then I came home and ate lunch. I finished the first Harry Potter book I've been reading and started the second book in a series by Terri Blackstock and already made my way to about the halfway point.

I ordered my groceries to be picked up on Monday morning, then watched a Hallmark movie and read more of my book once my husband came home from dinner out with a couple of friends.

And that was my uneventful weekend. It was really dreary here all weekend, so I just enjoyed staying inside. How was your weekend? I'd love to hear!

Thanks for reading; love to all!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love seeing the bright read and orange leaves everywhere this time of year! We had a very quiet and pretty uneventful weekend too.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Joanne~

Me too! I love all the beautiful colors of fall. I'm glad your weekend was nice!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...