Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this weekly blog post.

It's been a great week around here, one filled with lots of fun things. I thought I'd share some of the highlights.

Bible study day is always one of my favorites every week. Believe it or not, we only have three more weeks of our study, then we'll be off until the end of January. I am so thankful to be able to meet each week in person and though I know so many who cannot because of needing to be careful health wise, I do not take this for granted. Each time I pray over our small group at the beginning of our class each week, I thank the Lord for the privilege we have of meeting and fellowship with like-minded women who love the Lord.

I ordered a study for me to do on my own in the month of December and it should arrive tomorrow.

It's called The Weary World Rejoices. I'm a sucker for a beautiful book and this one looks like it won't disappoint. (I'll keep you posted.)



Saturday was my favorite type of day: dreary and cold enough for a sweater! My mom totally made the day better and she was up for some window shopping as much as I was. We went to an open house on our town square, at a store called Southern Farmhouse and we both almost died at all the beautiful things. Neither one of us bought anything, but I can't stop thinking about a coffee mug I saw in there that I love and may go back and purchase. 

Speaking of favorites—our town square is one of my favorite places of all time. I love going out of town, but every time I come home, I am struck with the beauty of our town that feels small. 



Friday night was one of the date nights that I'll always remember as a favorite. Todd and I have been wanting to try Cousin's Maine Lobster Truck for quite some time, so we drove to Lewisburg, Mississippi to try it out for the first time. They were parked in the middle of a neighborhood and this is where we were parked as we waited. (It was a long drive to get to dinner, but it was worth the drive, the wait and the money it cost. It's one of the best things I've eaten in a while.)


They definitely win the festive award, don't they? I loved their decorations! 


I read one of my favorite passages in Scripture this week as I read along in the chronological Bible I've been making my way through. This is the verse I pray over my family more than any other thing: that they would love the Lord with all their hearts, souls, minds and strength and that they would love others as they love themselves.


As I'm writing this blog post on Thursday afternoon, I'm drinking a cup of my favorite coffee (pictured above) in a Christmas coffee mug I never put away last year and listening to Michael Buble on Spotify. Does it get any better?


Another favorite from this week was the fact that I decided to watch one Hallmark Christmas movie every day. I have enjoyed every movie I've watched and I am officially ready for the Christmas season. (My favorites from the week so far are A Christmas Love Story, Christmas at Pemberley Manor and Christmas in the Air. Those are not new ones, but they're new to me.)


One of my favorite pictures popped up on my Timehop this week—this is my son Drew holding little baby Carson (he's almost five now). We were camping with friends and it was all hands on deck all weekend long with Carson. I have a similar picture of Jonah helping entertain him, but Carson loved Drew and Drew had just rocked the little guy to sleep. Does this picture not melt you? 


Because I love nail polish, I have to share this. This is the color I've worn the last month and a half and I don't see myself quitting with it yet. I love dark nail polish in the cooler months and the girl who takes care of me each time picked this for me when I told her what I wanted.

I also love Lincoln Park After Dark, but Black Cherry Chutney is right up there with my old favorite.

Another (not) favorite thing that happened this week was that Jonah, Noah and I all had appointments to get our teeth cleaned. I love our dentist and the sweet ladies who take care of us, this just isn't my favorite thing to have done. That same day I had a baby shower to go to and that was fun. Who doesn't love a baby shower?! 





Shannon from swtblessings.com released the November Scripture writing plan yesterday and it's a topic she hasn't ever broached, but I think it's so appropriate for us all and especially in our country. Scripture writing is a favorite part of my quiet time each morning—care to join me? 

That's about all I've got for today's post. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a great fall nail color. Loved hearing all about your week. Have a wonderful weekend! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you~I loved it when she picked it out for me, I'd never used it before. I hope your week was good too and that you have a great weekend!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...