Tuesday, October 13, 2020

a little encouragement for your Tuesday


I was alone at home on Sunday night and didn't feel like watching anything on tv, so I turned on my Spotify worship playlist that is accessible through our living room tv. Before I go on, I want to encourage you to have some worship music handy at all times. If you're a believer and follower of Jesus, this helps so much on those days when we're saddened or discouraged by all that we see around us. I have a go to playlist entitled "worship 2020" that I'd love to share with you; if you want to check it out, go to Spotify and search for me. My username is allboys-us. I made my "worship 2020" playlist public for you and you should check it out, there are some great songs on there.

Anyway, I decided to play some worship music and I needed to worship. I'd been in a bit of a "mood", we'll call it, since I got home from church. Sometimes when that happens, I know something is wrong, so I'll pray, I'll listen to worship music or I'll read in the Bible and journal. We used to have praise and worship nights at my church and I miss them so much, so I decided to have one of my own. I turned the music up loud and sang along to every song that came on. When What A Beautiful Name came on, I stood up and was truly worshiping, just like I would if I were at church. It's this version of the song, you should listen! If that link doesn't work, go to YouTube and type in "What A Beautiful Name by Lilly and Travis Cottrell". 

There comes a point in this version where the song Agnes Dei starts playing at the end of the song and I just started praying out loud. So many people are hurting right now, so many people are living in fear right now, so many are sick or discouraged and the entire world and especially our own country are in turmoil. When I started singing, "Holy are You, Lord God Almighty", I was singing that and praying that out loud to the Lord. 

It doesn't matter who sits in that oval office, friends, no matter the person behind the desk, Jesus is King! Read these words, this prayer that David prayed over his son Solomon and take comfort that the same is true today.

Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on earth belongs to you. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom and you are exalted as head over all. Riches and honor come from you, and you are the ruler of everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is in your hand to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, we give you thanks and praise your glorious name. 

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

Everything in heaven and on earth belong to Him! Not one of these things we're walking through today are a surprise to Him, He has known all things since the beginning of time. God is sovereign, He is trustworthy, He is a very present help in time of trouble. Trust Him, if you know Him. If you don't know Him and this resounds with you, will you reach out today? We're not promised tomorrow and I honestly don't know how you're even able to stand in this time without Jesus in your life. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...