Wednesday, September 30, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

 


Happy Wednesday! I'm linking up with Shay from Mix & Match Mama for today's blog post. 

What we're eating this week:

I've been hit or miss with dinners this week. Monday night was Bible study night for me, so I made chicken wings from Costco for my guys, but I didn't buy enough. I'm rolling my eyes at myself. Last night we had cheese tortellini, salad and garlic bread. That was a hit. Tonight will be something easy for everyone to do on their own, because I'll be at church. Tomorrow night may be soup.

What I'm reminiscing about:

When everything was normal. We didn't have to wear masks, social distancing was not a thing, when I could watch The Today Show without dying over every single episode. You know, all those things. To say I am over all of this is a huge understatement. I'm so done with masks and have been rebelling about them and taking them off or pulling them down to my chin when I'm shopping.

What I'm loving:

I'm not the only one loving this new set up. All the guys have been outside since Todd put the tv up on Saturday. They watched games on Saturday and Monday nights and last night they invited friends over for a presidential debate watch party. Maybe one night over the weekend, I'll get my turn out here for a Hallmark movie. 

What we've been up to:

All the usual things. Work, school, hanging out with friends.

What I'm dreading:

As the election draws nearer, people get nastier. I don't know how I'll survive the actual day of the election and the weeks to come, possibly, as votes are counted and processed. I may never leave my house while that goes on. (Kidding....kinda.)

What I'm working on:

I'm still working on a little more of the current Bible study I'm helping write with the writing team from my church. I am finished with most of my portion, I'll just be going back and making edits.

What I'm excited about:

Our 24th anniversary is Sunday! I love reminiscing about all our years together and I always love our date nights. I'm also looking forward to mid-October, when my sister Trish and I fly to Denver to see our sisters and family. Colorado is always beautiful, but fall is the best time of year to be there, in my opinion! 

What I'm watching/reading:

I'm watching Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy on Netflix (always), but I've been loving Hallmark movies too. I've been on movie kicks lately as well, and I devoted one weekend to the eighties and one weekend to the nineties. I finally picked up my last book of the series I've been reading all summer and am about halfway through with it; I'm so ready to move on to the books I have waiting on me. I am moving on to a mystery series next, by Terri Blackstock and I've got them waiting for me on my bookshelf upstairs.

What I'm listening to:

Oh, Spotify, how I love thee. I have all the playlists! I have several fall playlists I'm following and listening to, with people like Ben Rector, The Cranberries, Steve Tyrell and Harry Connick Jr. just to name a few. I'm also loving eighties love songs right now and love listening while I cook dinner. I always have worship music on, too, so if you were to walk in and hear music, who knows what you'd hear? 

What I'm wearing:

This new poncho will be on repeat in the coming days for sure, with all the cool weather. Also, my old favorites: lots of jeans, darker colored tops, cute Dansko clogs, a dress or two with a jean jacket thrown on top, big earrings, dark nail polish...the fall is my very favorite season! I don't wear a lot of sweaters/sweatshirts/long sleeves, because though the weather does permit those, I am hot all the time. I saw a fall meme that made me laugh that sums it up: It's officially wear a sweater in the morning, die in the afternoon weather.

What I'm doing this weekend:

I will probably go out with my mom and Trish on Saturday and Todd and I will celebrate our anniversary either Saturday or Sunday night. 

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Our anniversary, traveling, just the whole season in general. 

What else is new:

I think I covered it all! Thanks for reading along; love to all. 





4 comments:

Tanya said...

I agree about the election...I'll just be glad when it's over. I plan to vote early (in person) and then hunker down during the days around the election. I know what you mean about longing for the pre-Covid days. It breaks my heart a little when I see pictures from our vacations etc.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Yes! Same plan for me here. I will be reading all the fluff and watching all the Hallmark movies and burying my head in the sand. Seems appropriate, right?!

Natasha said...

I too am reminiscing about when everything is normal. Hopefully we'll get back to that wonderful "normal-ness" soon...

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Natasha~

Yes! Until then, thank the Lord for small things to look forward to here and there. That helps tremendously. Have a great weekend!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...