Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Welcome, fall.

Happy Fall! It's officially official. At least when the world is going mad, there is still the magic and cozy that comes with this beautifully colorful season. More than ever before, my heart is the happiest when I am at home. I love making the inside an inviting haven for anyone who enters. Sometimes the dogs drive me crazy, but even they are celebrating the cooler weather because I put their favorite blankets back on the couch.

I can't get enough of a few things right now, so I thought it'd be fun to share.


I love these magazine I subscribed to over the summer. It was one of those amazing deals that cost about $14 for three magazine subscriptions; these two and Better Home and Garden. I love being inspired to decorate and change things around in my house.


Give me all the fall candles, please. This one came from At Home and smells so good! It makes me want to bake something. 


I've been enjoying the stuff I put out for fall since September one. I never tire of these fall touches I have all over the downstairs—even my dad commented on them Friday while he was here. I will never stop loving to decorate my home for the seasons, and I do decorate for the seasons. My favorites are fall and winter, though.

My husband will never understand my need for comfort movies and tv shows. Fall screams Gilmore Girls to me and no matter how many times I've watched the show, as soon as I'm finished with the last episode of season 7, I start all over again. So does my friend Kim and we laugh about this all the time. Missy started watching this recently too, so I love that I can add her to my list of people to talk to about this show! By the way, this episode is one of my favorite episodes, when Luke and Lorelai finally get together.

This made me smile. If I'm home, my fall candles are lit. Just ask the people who live in my home.

I want to read all the fall books. I have several on my to be read list that are waiting on me upstairs. I don't know why, but I love suspenseful books when it's cool out at night. I have some by Terri Blackstock and Dee Henderson waiting on me to pick them up. I also sort of want to read all the Harry Potter books because I haven't ever. Drew has most of them, so at least I won't have to go hunt them down.

Other things that I'm loving right now are fall music playlists. There are several on Spotify that I listen to daily, but my current favorites are This is Steve Tyrell and Steve Tyrell radio. Think You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally and Father of the Bride. I could listen to those crooners all day long and some that are on the radio version are Harry Connick, Jr. and Michael Buble.

I love the cozy feeling that comes with fall and I love all the warm drinks. It's my favorite time of year to cook, because I am always cooking up something warm and soothing or soup. I love being outside without wheezing because of the humidity and I love all the beautiful hues of the season. I don't typically decorate with earthy tones, but I love to wear them. I feel like fall is giving me something to look forward to and that is something we all need right now.

Tell me what you love about fall, I'd love to hear! Thanks for reading my blog. Love to all! 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...