Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post. 

This week has gone by so quickly...and I'm glad it's Friday because I have fun plans today. More about that in a minute.


I have a new favorite drink. I'm on week three of eating healthier and I figured out how to make this iced coffee drink that is a healthy version of a milkshake. The ingredients are room temperature coffee, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, a splash of milk and a bunch of ice.

It is so so good and it makes me feel like I'm drinking a milkshake, without actually drinking one. The healthy eating is still going great, by the way...I'm on week three now and I still have no pain, more energy, I'm sleeping better and I am satisfied by eating things that aren't bad for me. I've eaten out a couple of times and just ate meat and veggies or soup. Saturday I went to Longhorn's with Mom and Trish and ate their parmesan crusted chicken with a baked sweet potato and drank water. I didn't eat bread and ate the entire thing. It was DELICIOUS.

I feel like I'm still losing weight, but I haven't weighed...and I'm trying not to be obsessed with a number.


Noah is so tall! This picture of us is one of my favorites. If you don't know who he is in my family, he is one of my twins that are 17 and he is the baby of the family. Jonah is a whole 2 minutes older than Noah, but Noah is taller.



I wrote a throwback post yesterday about a youth "camp" we took our students from church to every summer in our own city~Street Reach. I wrote about it yesterday, and you can read about it if you keep scrolling down after this post. That used to be my favorite thing about every summer and I miss going. I loved reliving the memories to write that post.


Getting letters like this from teenagers was my favorite thing....this particular one was always so very affirming to me, and I love her for that.

Our deck is still my favorite, and so is buying new things to put out on it. We hit up HomeGoods, Hobby Lobby and Lowe's for all of this last weekend, and I love how it turned out.





HomeGoods carries my favorite brand of candle for a fraction of the price.


And this one smells like beach and sunscreen. It's divine and is my favorite I've had in quite some time.


This baby robin was on our deck this week, and it reminded me of one of my favorite passages~Psalm 91.

Some other favorite moments include being able to meet in person for a writer's team meeting on Monday. It was so good to see them all in person! We were missing two ladies, but the other four of us met at my friend's house.

My hubby has been my favorite all week and we have had fun talking and dreaming about doing more things to our house.

My prayer time has been one of my favorite things this week, and I signed up to pray every Thursday in July from 3-3:30 a.m. I woke up to pray after I got a text from the person who had the slot before me, then I was finished I texted the next person. I was awake until 4:30 Thursday morning, so I spent the rest of that time praying over my husband and sons. It was a sweet time with Jesus.

Meeting with a couple of my friends this week for dinner was also a favorite, along with all of our catching up. We were meeting every week, but as it has gotten hotter outside, we no longer do that.

Eating with my in-love's Thursday night was a favorite, as was taking along old man Crash, and little Chip.


And lastly, quality time with my sister Trish is my favorite. I'm swimming with her today and can't wait!

Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...