Monday, May 25, 2020

Hello Monday linkup/ Weekending


Happy Monday, friends!  I'm linking up with Tanya from The Other Side of the Road for this blog post.

It was such a great weekend.  At the risk of sounding redundant, it will always feel so good to have a "normal" weekend, with life going on as usual.  Here's a little bit of what went on...

We ordered pizza for dinner on Friday night, because it's the weekend and I like pizza on weekends.  Poor Todd, though...we ordered it and almost immediately he got an emergency weather call-out with the sheriff's department.  Trust me when I say he did not complain; he has missed working shifts with the sheriff's department so much.  As much as he's missed working, he has thoroughly enjoyed growing his beard out.  I've always liked him a little scruffy.  (He has to be clean shaven to work with the sheriff's department.)

I also met with a friend at our church and outside for a while...I didn't anticipate being gone for long, though and my son came looking for me because he was worried.  I think we just got carried away with our conversation, and before I knew it, three hours had gone by.  Three!  That's so crazy.

I was up early on Saturday and dressed and at my church by about eight forty-five for rehearsal for Sunday morning.  The tech team was needing to double check and run through the timing again to ensure it was all running good for Sunday, when we had a live worship service.  After that, I came home and ate lunch, then we just kind of chilled around here until about four thirty, when we left to go to Mom's and Bill's for dinner.  It's been ages since we've been out there, and we had a delicious dinner.  We stayed until close to eight, then came home to feed the dogs and we finished watching The Voice, even though I accidentally found out who won.  I'm okay with it all, because the preacher I wanted to win is the one who won!

Sunday was so good, because we were back in the building for a live church service.  I have never been so glad in all of my life to be able to attend a worship service.  I asked the Lord just Sunday morning to help me never take that for granted again.


(I borrowed this picture from a gentleman I attend church with, Randy Daniels.)  There were fewer people there that I thought would be there, and we skipped rows and left empty seats between us.  It felt cautious and safe and overrall good just to be back to worship together.  We had five different locations inside the building to attend: the worship center pictured above, the fellowship hall with a setup ideal for families with young children (no nursery services are available), the youth area, the bookstore conference room (only for people wearing masks the entire time), and the choir suite.  Three of the areas had live singers on stage to make it not seem so much like you were staring at a screen, and all of this was done via fiber optic cables running throughout the building, so there was no lag like there may be with internet.  According to my husband, who works on the tech team, things went pretty seamlessly.  That is a huge answer to prayer.  It was very complicated, and the tech team did an incredible job getting us all set up and ready.  I am so thankful for all their hard work.

After church on Sunday, my whole family went to a friend's house for a cookout and to swim.  It was lovely being at home alone!  I am such an introvert, so I had a great day of watching tv and making my favorite dinner.  I had a couple of phone conversations, then I sat down to try to plan dinner and meal ideas for the week and to update some lists I have going on my phone.  (More about that later in the week, though.)

I'll leave you with something funny I saw on social media last night:


This is why men die first.  I could totally see my husband doing something like this.  It reminded me of another night a couple of years ago, when we went to visit my dad-in-love while he recovered in the hospital for one night with his knee replacement surgery.


See?  Proof that this kind of thing is why the husband usually dies first.  Women are generally more careful than men.  I laughed out loud when I saw that, needless to say.

How was your weekend?  I'd love to hear!  Thanks for reading, love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...