Friday, May 22, 2020

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post.

It's been a quick week!  Things have mostly returned to normal around here (minus the fact that my husband is still around a lot) and it felt slightly busy.  Graham was gone just about every day this week, and all day on those days, which is such a blessing.  Their company is coming into their busy time of year, finally after months of being the opposite.  Drew went back to work as well, at the local Christian daycare in our area, and he has been so happy and maybe more than a little tired.  Quarantine schedules have everyone thrown off their normal.  Noah worked this week and Jonah worked some as well.

I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments from this past week.


Ignore my terrible hair.  But how cute is this shirt?  I love the saying, because for a couple of weeks in a row, I wrote a series with that same title on the blog.  And also, I often talk about "the golden days" in which my boys were all younger, and as magical as those were, these days right now are pretty special as well.  I know that all too soon I will not have them all at home under the same roof as me, and I will miss the loud, crazy, chaotic moments that them being here brings to me.

I foresee this shirt as being one of my favorites for the summer.  What is NOT my favorite is my hair.  I desperately need some color put back onto the roots and have an appointment scheduled for Monday, June 1.  It cannot come fast enough.


This moment last weekend was one of my favorites.  It was my mom-in-love's birthday and Todd wished her a happy birthday by trying out his new cordless leaf blower on her.  I'm rolling my eyes as I write that statement.  You should have SEEN THE DOG hair that floated back down to the floor when he was done being silly.

See that cute mug?  Well, it was my favorite.  It's her favorite, too.  She told me a story about how their best friends were passing through on their way to see their daughter that lives in Texas, and when her friend complimented the cute coffee mug she chose for that morning before they left, Phyllis slipped it into her bag without her knowing.  When she raved over this one, I decided to send her home with it, even though it was a gift from a young lady I go to church with and even though I loved it that much.  She inspired me to do that, and that's how I always want to be~never so tied down to something that I wouldn't be willing to give it away at a moment's notice.

Also?  She totally earned it by putting up with her obnoxious son over the leaf blower incident.


I don't remember where I saw this or got it from, but I loved it enough to save it for this week's favorites post.  I love this quote and know it to be so true.  Quiet time with the Lord each day should be the very last thing we neglect when we become too busy.  I don't hardly ever miss this time each day, even if I have to do it outside of the normal morning time I have and wait until right before bedtime.  The time of day it happens is irrelevant, but what matters is that we spend time with the Lord every single day!


This is my current Bible study!  I ordered this on Tuesday and got it yesterday.  I miss Bible study so much.  I decided to do this one on my own, so I bought the book on Amazon then order the bundle of teaching videos from LifeWay.  (They were $20.)  This is a six week long study and each day of homework so far has taken about 45 minutes to an hour.  That will be extremely off-putting for some of you, I know, but I don't mind that.  It is so good!  I love her teaching, too, and she teaches this from the Holy Land.  It's so cool to see places in Scripture come alive as she's there showing you that this or that battle took place right over her shoulder.

Bible study is one of my favorite past times.


I shared this one night this week, as an appreciation post for my best friend.  This is a hard time of year for her, due to a lot of loss in a short amount of time, and I was praying for her and felt led to share this picture.  But also, I am so thankful for the godly friends that the Lord has given to me.  I don't take them lightly, because for years this was not the case.  They were one of the desires in my heart though, and God was faithful in hearing my prayers.  He always is and I am always so grateful to Him.  I can't imagine a life without my friends, and they are always one of my favorite parts of the week when I get to see them.

Another favorite moment was Wednesday night.  I got to go to church!  We are reopening Sunday and we had praise team practice to go over all the songs.  It was so good to be back!  Man it felt so good to be back in the worship center.  It is going to be so good on Sunday!  If you need a place to attend, I'd love to have you come....we are meeting with guidelines in place, and there will be five locations inside the building for you to choose to sit in for worship.  If you're interested, reach out and I can help you if you need some help.

Well, I need to run.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...