Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tuesday, April 67th~the weekend and some other random things

I jest.  It has been a long, long, long twenty-one days of April.  And quarantine.  I'm in my sixth or seventh week of staying at home mostly, and when I saw yesterday that our governor has decided to start opening things back up in the next week or two, I was delighted.  I'm ready for things to be normal again. 

We didn't do much over the weekend, but we enjoyed our new deck!  Todd and a couple of the boys finished off the last deck board on Saturday, trimmed the posts, and strung some brand new lights. 


It was wonderfully cool Saturday night, so this was us out there enjoying it and being quiet. 

Church was so, so good on Sunday.  It always is, but this week was even more so than usual, I felt.  I'm ready to be back for live worship, but I am so appreciative of my pastor and the tech team who have done a great job of keeping us plugged in each week. 

I had a Zoom meeting yesterday for a couple of hours, and it was good "seeing" my friends who are on the writing team with me at our church.  I cannot wait for the day when we can all be together again in person! 


(An inside view of part of our deck and firepit.)

I'm going grocery shopping today, and I'm kinda excited.  Isn't that dumb?  We need some things we're almost out of, and I need some things to make for dinner. 

I'm also going to see my dad today since it's nice outside, and we'll sit in his driveway at a safe distance apart and catch up.  It's been weeks since I last saw him.

I also have plans tonight to go and record our worship music for this coming Sunday.  I have no idea what dinner will be tonight because I have to be there at five thirty, so it'll be quick and easy for everyone to do on their own, whatever it is I decide to go with.

I finished my first book of the month on Sunday night, which may seem strange, but it's because I've been watching shows on Hulu.  That consumed all my time this month when normally I would have picked a book up to read.  I'm okay with it, though, because it was a good show.  I'm onto a new one now, and it's proving to be just as good.  Also, Todd and I started and finished a fascinating show on Hulu yesterday, McMillions.  It's about the Monopoly game scam that took place at McDonald's in the nineties.  I am shocked that I don't remember this, and Todd said the same thing last night, but it ws rivoting.

That's about all we've been up to.  How are you all holding up?  I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for reading, love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...