Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday Favorites {edition thirteen/still quarantined}



Happy Friday, friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for this blog post.

Today is my Drew's twentieth birthday.  Twenty!  No longer a teenager.  It's weird, when they pass from one decade to the next.  It's a strange birthday, and one he will never forget.  He was struggling with the thought of it last week, as he found out that his work was closed for another week, but this week he seems better.  I think he's just accepted it, because he knows there is nothing he can do about it. 

I appreciate the fact that my family is still making him feel special, and that they're making the effort to get him their cards in person.  And the same is true of his friends.  On Wednesday afternoon his friends Emma and Leah dropped this off.


This kind gesture made me want to bawl.  I really appreciate thoughtfulness! 

Speaking of birthdays and favorites, this handsome fella turned 89 on Sunday.  My sister Trish and I met at his house to drop off cards, and we sat and visited with him and Sandy from a safe distance.


I love him so much and cannot wait to be able to have him back over on a Friday and to hug him. 


Wednesday was one of my favorite days of the week.  I got to "see" my sweet friend Amy, and I enjoyed hearing her teach on Psalm 24.  After I watched the live video on Facebook, I went back and read the chapter and made notes in my own journal using the HEAR method: Highlight, Explain, Application, Respond.


Pictures of my bible are always my favorite, because I love my She Reads Truth bible.  I love the wide margins, because writing notes in my bible is my favorite thing.  I had one that was falling apart, and then just a couple of months ago at a Lifeway women's event, I won this one!  I'm still in shock.

Also, in my quiet time right now, I'm currently in the book of Judges, and this is the artwork at the beginning of that book.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book in the bible.  And how scary are those words you see pictured above?!  It's amazing how quickly God's people would forget Him-just from one generation to the next.  There would be a generation of people who would walk in His ways, and the next generation would forget Him. 


Here is what I'm reading currently.  These are my favorite books.  She is one of my favorite authors, and this month she's coming out with a new book!  I can't wait. 


Online church services are one of my favorite things right now, and my oldest son picked this up in preperation for our Sunday service.  We will watch and take this together.


I loved the way Graham's truck looked Wednesday night when I walked to the mailbox.  I took this and sent it to him right away.  His truck is NOT my favorite, but I'm glad he loves it.  😂



I saved my favorite for last.  On Tuesday, Todd and Jonah spent the day out in the garage building that new shelf you see up high, and hanging the ones to the right of the fridge.  Since I took this, we also got rid of the baker's rack you see on the far right of this picture and added more of the same white shelving.  I love how it turned out!

Clean garages are my favorite.


I'm also loving this new Scripture writing plan for April.  Have you started yet?  We have nothing but time these days, so let's spend it wisely.

Another thing that isn't necessarily my favorite but necessary is good quality nail polish colors.  My go to brands are OPI and Essie.  I soaked the dip powder off of my nails last Friday and have been keeping them polished with an Essie color that's my current favorite. 

Share some of your favorites from your week with me, I'd love to hear them!  Thanks for reading.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...