Thursday, April 2, 2020

another post while we're quarantined

I know you must be bored of me, and I get it~I am bored with myself!  Do not feel like you have to read, or like and comment on every blog post I share.  I always share them on social media just because it's habit, but sometimes I forget and don't do that, which was the case for yesterday.  Or I don't share them, because they're more for me.  Remember how I always say that these are more for me than anyone else, because I love to document life. 

Yesterday was another really good day.  It started as usual, and my friend taught on Psalm 24 at 9:30, so it was good "seeing" her and being taught by her.  (If you are interested, let me know and I can invite you to our women's ministry page on Facebook where she does the teaching.)  That helped make the morning go by, because when it was over I went upstairs to get dressed and to fold laundry and make the bed. 

After that I came downstairs and started more laundry, and I ate lunch.  Todd and Drew left to take Crash to the vet again and they went to the chiropractor.  While they were gone I finished a book and watched a show or two on Netflix.  They came home and Todd started another project in the garage with Jonah.  They added more shelving to where the stairs are in the garage that lead into the house and they threw away the old baker's rack that was there.  That was the first thing Todd ever bought me, by the way, but neither of us are super sentimental with things, so we just tossed it.  (And it's broken~I should add that bit of info, lest you think I'm heartless.)

Here's the book I started reading last night.


I just love all these Sisterchicks books!  My bestie and I are reading them simultaneously almost, and when she finishes each book, we're going to have a book club phone date.  I love this idea!  Also, I miss her.  (I'm listening to her teach as I write this blog post on Wednesday night.  I'll take seeing her in any form I can, and I'm loving her chronological bible teaching.)

While Todd and Jonah were working on the garage shelves, Drew's friends came by and dropped this off for him, in honor of his birthday that will be on Friday. 


I think this is the sweetest thing ever!  Emma and Leah have been really great friends to him, and I love that they helped make him feel so treasured for his 20th birthday.

Another thing that happened yesterday was that when Graham was coming home from a job here in town, he stopped by our church and picked this up for us to take together this coming Sunday.


Never in my life did I ever think we would be at this point in life.  I am not naive, it's not that I don't think bad things won't happen to us.  I am a realistic person; that being said, these times are just unprecedented.  I'm so thankful for the fact that we have social media to use as positive outlets to stay connected to friends, and I am so thankful for all this wonderful technology!  I never thought I'd say that, but it's true.  Here another little piece of advice for you~if you're not on social media, now is a great time to be there.  I love seeing my friends and what they post each day, whether it's a story or pictures.  I had gotten to where I tried not to overly share on there, but I've thrown all that out the window.  I think I posted four times yesterday alone.

Maybe more.  Who knows?  You can scroll on by, if it's too much.  Anyway, we will be taking this communion you see above together as a family this coming Sunday.  I can't believe it's Palm Sunday!  I'm so sad about not meeting collectively on Resurrection Sunday, that is my favorite Sunday of the entire year. 

The day we reunite will be that much sweeter though.  I'm looking forward to that time! 

Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...