Tuesday, March 3, 2020

simply Tuesday


I love this graphic above; thanks to Emily P. Freeman for this, and for the idea of Simply Tuesday.  I love the reminder of what it says, though, that all things begin small in the kingdom of God.  Someone probably needs to read that again, for when life can be overwhelming.  Start small and go from there, and if you're a believer, saturate everything in prayer.

If you know me and my morning routine, you know that when I first wake up, I let the dogs out, make my coffee in the Keurig, make everyone else's coffee in the pot, then I take it in the living room and watch the local news, and then The Today Show.  (I love all The Today Show people and want to be friends with them!)  But between the politics and all the corona virus (or however it's spelled), I can't take it right now.  After more than five minutes of watching it on mute, I have decided to try something new this week.


I am going to start listening to this podcast during the time in the morning when I make lunches and to-go coffees from Todd and Graham.  Each episode is about thirty minutes, and the timing of it all is perfect.  I'm listening via the app on my phone, and the app is Revive Our Hearts.  From there, you click on 'podcasts' then 'Revive Our Hearts', but all the stuff on the app is great and you can read blog posts by other women.  Most of the podcasts are by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, though, and I LOVE her.  I also want to be friends with her, but I definitely consider her as one who pours into my life as someone older in the faith than me.

I'll continue watching my local news in the hours before seven, but as for the national news, I just can't right now.  For someone who is quick to be anxious over things, I have found that for now at least, this is better for me.  I will depend on other outlets for national news for the time being, like the many emails I receive each day.  My dad gets his news that way, so that idea came from him. 

I thought I would share this with you, in case there is anyone out there who is a little bit like me.  Other things on my agenda for this day are things I am grateful to be doing-Bible study homework and a couple of writing projects that are on the horizon.  I pray the Lord helps me today with all of this, and that He guides me as I study, read, then write.  I would say that there's more I'd like to do, but I don't want to set myself up to let my own self down.  Yes, that happens, when I put too many things on my to-do list.  I need to do what is the priority first, then all else can be done on a later day.

Well, I am going to end this here.  Thanks for reading!  I hope you have a great day.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...