Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday Favorites {edition ten}


Happy Friday, friends!  I think I'm literally limping into the weekend.  (I'm having an issue with pain in my heel, and Toddley thinks it's arthritis.)

Boo.  Getting older is not my favorite.

I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for this blog post. 

I love a new month!  One of my favorite things in a new month is starting over with a new Scripture writing plan, and Shannon from www.swtblessings.com puts out a great one. 


This month is all about perseverance, which is ironic because of life right now.  I limped through all of yesterday, as I sat at my kitchen table and drowned out life in general as I wrote for several hours, but I got it done, with the Lord's help.  I don't say that lightly, and most of you know that.  I went upstairs to get dressed after I'd finished the portion I needed to finish, and I just went straight to my knees to humbly thank the Lord for providing me with exactly what I needed.  I had to do that, I was so grateful to Him.

Speaking of gratitude...



I've been listening to this podcast all week on the Revive Our Hearts ministries app on my phone.  This has been such a blessing!  And even if you think you already know this, consider listening to it for yourself.  I promise, you will learn something new.  She is one of my very favorite speakers of all time, and you can know that every thing she puts out is gold.  I love her heart, and it's evident that she loves the Lord so much. 

And, speaking of Revive Our Hearts, at our women's conference last weekend, Leslie Bennett from there came and spoke to us about Titus 2.


(That's her, the second from the right.)  It was so, so good!  I was encouraged, challenged, and hopeful for the ladies in our church to start living this out. 

I met several new friends, too, which is alway a favorite, like this dear lady, Ann.


We had assigned seats this year, which was different, but I am so glad we did.  It forced us out of our little circle of friends, and after each of the three sessions, Leslie provided some table hosts with questions to go over for table talk.  That was a blessing, and again, I am so glad for how things were.  My friend Amy did a great job with the whole thing. 

The rest of my week looked like this...


This was me with a portion of the materials I needed to work on a writing project.  I was also catching up on reading in my chronological Bible, Scripture writing, and then marking things in my calendar. 

Studying is one of my favorite things to do, and this felt good.


And believe it or not, but who knew Numbers would be some of my favorite passages this week?  I got so much out of the life of Caleb that I wrote an article about it that will (hopefully) be published soon for the online magazine I write for.  Well... I take that back, I forgot how to submit an article and I need my husband to show me again.  My brain is not working at the moment, and all the things I knew just marched their way back out.

This felt good this week, too.  I love to take my time and just pour over the word of God.  I don't always get so much out of it, but when I make the time, this does seem to happen frequently. 

Well, I'm going to go sit and put my feet up, because everything hurts from sitting here at my kitchen table all day.  (It's 7 pm Thursday night as I write, and Mama's tired.)

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...