Thursday, March 12, 2020

a post of random things

This week has been busy!  This week always wears me out and I usually need two or three days to recover.  I'm such an introvert, and I realize that as I write that sentence out.  Being around people really does drain me, and I need days after to recharge.  And, in usual introvert style, my batteries are recharged by alone time.  This is both good and bad.  Good, because with older sons, I'm alone a lot.  Bad, because though my hubby does work a lot at night, lately he hasn't been, and well...we're getting to the verge of too much time together and alone.

I'll move on from that now.

I saw this on social media earlier in the week and cracked up.


Welcome to my childhood.  This waterpark existed in Memphis in the eighties, and I spent many a day here with friends.  The words that someone had posted with this picture are what made me laugh.  Someone said about this place: If you can survive the eighties swimming in this, chances are, you can survive the corona virus.

I feel this to be so true, because back then, nobody knew about all the sanitary issues that come with a waterpark as the breeding ground for germs galore.  And I think I like the thought of going to this way of thinking, when all the information in the world wasn't at their fingertips.  Not that we will ever go back in time like this, but can I just say one other thing about the stupidity that is our world right now in America?  And I'll say this and then I'm not talking about it anymore.  This virus is not the end of the world.  Yes, it may take some lives, and that is always sad, but most people who catch it will get it and then they'll heal.  No big deal. 

And also, my husband just tried for the THIRD TIME to buy toilet paper from Costco, and finally succeeded.  Not because we're paranoid and stockpiling, but because by the end of the weekend, we will legitimately be out of it and will need it for our family. 

And do you know how many cases of toilet paper he just bought at Costco?  One.  One case or package, or whatever you call it.  LIKE ALWAYS.

People need to chill out.

I'm moving on, once again.


If you're a woman reading this, you need to read this book.  Or buy it on Audible and try out Audible for free for thirty days if you don't already have a subscription.  To hear Melanie Shankle narrate this encouraging and hilarious book is even better than reading it.  I finished it yesterday afternoon and promptly downloaded my next free book.  You know I love to read and lately, nothing has been good to me.  I had two library books left to read, and I had Noah take them back for me this week because I couldn't get into either one. 

I got onto Audible the other day and saw this one and downloaded it and started it right away.  That was on Monday, and I finished it yesterday afternoon.  Depending on the length of the book, it usually takes around fifteen hours to listen to it be narrated.  You can adjust the speed of the narration, but I don't listen too fast, or it'll just go into one ear and out the other. 


In lieu of watching the news each day, I've been listening to podcasts.  This week, Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth started this new series on the Revive Our Hearts app.  This day was so good and is always something I need to be encouraged in.  I just finished day two, and will listen to day three after I read in my Bible.

And finally, also in lieu of social media and/or the news, when I saw that two of my favorite bloggers/authors had a new podcast out, I started listening right away.  (Sophie Hudson and Melanie Shankle.)  They're so funny, and it's like you're having a conversation with your best friend.  If you want to listen for yourself, you can go here to do that. 

Well, that's about all I've got.  I hope you have a great day!  Thanks for reading, and love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...