Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Wednesday

I don't have a lot of time this morning, but I thought I'd share on here my latest article that I wrote for Tirzah Magazine.  It's on the subject of hospitality, which is very near and dear to my heart.  {Side note: I didn't title the post, someone else did, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.}

Anyway, if you'd like to read it for yourself, here is a link. 

I've written a lot more for them lately, it seems, so I'll share here when they publish more of the articles.

Another interesting thing I saw on social media yesterday is this article that I saw about Nancy Drew books.  It took me right back to when I loved to read those books!  I thought it was interesting, and that I would share it here, as well.  Here is a link.

In other news, I made a delicious dinner for us all to eat individually last night.  Doritos chicken casserole, which is my sons' favorite thing ever.  I used a rotisserie chicken that I pulled the meat from, added in a big can of cream of chicken soup, about a cup of sour cream, salt, pepper, chili powder, and a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, then topped the whole thing with a bunch of crumbled Doritos.  I baked it for 30 minutes, covered with foil, at 375 degrees.  Jonah and I ate alone, then Drew ate, and finally, Graham and Todd ate.  We were all over the place last night.

Also, last night, I cried over my dog Crash.  He was on the struggle bus with his hip or leg and couldn't hardly walk because of the arthritis.  Every day he gets two Cosequins, and I gave him one of his anti-inflammatory pills he gets when he's bad.  We gave him one more Cosequin last night, because of how he was struggling.  I prayed for him, because it took me back to the days of seeing Andy suffer, and I hid in my bathroom and sobbed for a good ten minutes.  I am happy to report that he seems so much better today.  I thank the Lord for that, because I cannot stand to see an animal suffer like he was!  Todd is going to talk to his vet today about seeing if there is a shot or something they can give him to help.

Well, I have to run!  I need to be leaving here in half an hour.  Have a great day, friends.  Love to all!


1 comment:

Roberta said...

Is there a way I can subscribe to your blog?

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...